Fab Lab Miami offers engaging programming around digital fabrication and other STEAM-related activities so that youth can play, create, learn, mentor and invent. The mission of Fab Lab Miami is to inspire and nurture the pursuit of coursework and careers in STEAM through a maker-driven, hands-on experience with STEAM. The organization’s vision is for youth from neighborhoods in Miami’s urban core to be prepared for and have the opportunity to pursue careers in STEAM-related fields. Fab Lab Miami’s focus also includes providing access to professional and enrichment opportunities for its participants.
Fab Lab Miami is seeking a passionate and committed leader to oversee all aspects of programming offered at its makerspace in the heart of Liberty City as well as activities offered at partner sites throughout Miami’s urban core. The successful candidate will have experience leading programming for youth in the academic and/or enrichment settings and will possess exemplary interpersonal, communication and staff management skills.
· Oversee program and curriculum design, development, implementation and management.
· Ensure that program is responsive to the needs and interests of the community.
· Develop and steward relationships with various local partners, community stakeholders, collaborators and funders.
· Oversee Fab Lab Program staff, including Program Manager, interns, volunteers and contracted instructors.
· Oversee the overall day-to-day operations of programming and makerspace.
· Lead monitoring and evaluation efforts - collect, analyze and report out program data and ensure that programs stay on track to meet goals and objectives.
· Manage grants and ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
· Lead participant recruitment and retention efforts and foster parent involvement.
· Manage schedules of each program, coordinate resources and ensure that daily operations align with the overall goals and objectives.
· Serve as Fab Lab Miami ambassador and maintain engagement in the community with various partners and community members at events and meetings.
· Stay informed of professional, academic and enrichment STEAM opportunities for Fab Lab Miami participants.
· Oversee program and instructional staff during programming as well as lead sessions with students as needed.
· Prepare reports, flyers, program content for social media and website and other marketing and promotional materials as needed.
· Demonstrated commitment to education and youth empowerment is a requirement. Experience with STEAM education, instruction and programming is a plus.
· Strong leadership skills, including experience supervising, motivating and coaching staff.
· Experience with grant management and program monitoring and evaluation.
· Experience managing all aspects of youth programming, including program design and execution, participant recruitment, community engagement and partnership development.
· The ideal candidate for this position will be coachable and able to share their knowledge with others in a team environment, be comfortable with ambiguity, and have strong time management abilities.
· Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
· Confidentiality, maturity and professionalism at all times are essential to the position.
· Must pass Level II background screening.
Terms of Employment:
· Full-time position
· Salary: commensurate with experience + benefits
Fab Lab Miami offers engaging programming around digital fabrication and other STEAM-related activities so that youth can play, create, learn, mentor and invent. The mission of Fab Lab Miami is to inspire and nurture the pursuit of…