12225 Greenville Avenue
Position: Shelter Advocate Full Time (Monday - Friday 2 PM - 10 PM)
Program: Mosaic House
Supervisor: Shelter Director
- Perform day-to-day activities of a Shelter Advocate, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Answer the 24-hr hotline, and screen calls for program admission.
- Complete orientation and intake, and review Cooperative Living Agreement and safety plans with new residents.
- Provide appropriate referrals and information for hotline callers (victims and non-victims)
- Conduct crisis counseling and intervention, and emotional support for Mosaic House residents and hotline.
- Maintain proper client, program, and facility documentation, including communication log, hotline forms, medication logs, bus logs, volunteer sign in, confidentiality forms, group activity sing in, daily count, etc.
- Provide interpretation and translation services as needed.
- Maintain applicable knowledge of Mosaic Family Services’ policies and procedures.
- Participate in professional trainings and conferences related to family violence, human trafficking, refugees, trauma-informed care, and other relevant topics as approved or requested by Supervisor.
- Participate in weekly and/or monthly Mosaic House staff meetings at the shelter.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Supervisor or their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a human service field preferred.
- Experience and compassion in working with victims of family violence, human trafficking, trauma, and refugee and immigrant population preferred.
- Effective communication with culturally diverse populations.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization, writing, and technology skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Mirjana Omerajic at email@example.com.