310 Washington Street
Old South Meeting House seeks a qualified, experienced bookkeeper for immediate hire. Flexible hours and schedule available: work would be required for approximately 15 hours a week.
- Reconciles daily deposits and records into systems.
- Accounts payable
- Check disbursements – weekly check preparation and processing
- Review reimbursements for all staff and prepare for the Executive Director’s approval.
- Reconciles monthly bank, investment, and credit card statements
- Processes returned checks and adjustments.
- Bi-weekly payroll:
- Submits payroll to outside payroll processing company
- Maintains and reconciles employee compensation records and files
- Create and maintain documentation of accounting processes and policies
- Other related support: filing, journal entries, etc.
- Ongoing support as requested by the Executive Director.
Monthly report preparation:
- Provides financial reports and cash projections to the Executive Director.
- Prepares and distributes monthly budget versus actual reports.
- Works closely with Executive Director and Old South Meeting House staff in preparation of the annual budget.
- Maintains and distributes Form 1099s.
- Prepares schedules for the annual audit and works closely supporting the independent auditors during the annual audit and preparation of tax reports.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous bookkeeping experience necessary, preferably in a non-profit institution
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy, solid organizational skills
- Technologically savvy with demonstrated proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.