We are seeking an organized, friendly, and proactive professional with strong interpersonal skills. As potentially the first point of contact for those seeking information, we are looking for someone who will create a welcoming, positive environment for our community. The ideal candidate will help others feel seen and heard and will bring skills and energy to make our administrative office operate smoothly and efficiently. This position reports directly to our Executive Director, manages a workflow that involves other department heads, and interfaces with several staff on our extended professional team.
ABOUT TEMPLE ISRAEL OF HOLLYWOOD (TIOH)
We create a welcoming, warm, diverse, and inclusive community that honors the traditions of Judaism while embracing the innovative principles of the Reform Movement so that every member can engage in Jewish life in an environment that prioritizes Torah (learning), Avodah (spiritual growth), G’milut Chasidim (acts of loving kindness), Tikkun Olam (social action), the arts, and meaningful opportunities for personal connection to our Jewish community and the State of Israel.
1. Create a welcoming, responsive, and safe environment for all visitors (by phone, email, and on-campus)
2. Manage the operation of our administrative office in an organized, efficient manner
3. Provide administrative support to our membership and program departments
4. Provide administrative and program support to the Executive Director.
Skills and Qualifications
· Ability to interact in an open and compassionate way with a wide variety of people
· Ability to interact with all staff members with kindness and integrity
· Ability to manage and track a wide variety of tasks in an organized and efficient manner
· Strong written communication skills and affinity for proofreading and attention to detail
· Critical thinker and a proactive doer who sees ways to strengthen and streamline our operations
· Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Blackbaud/Raisers Edge preferred
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
· Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
· Good sense of humor
Application Process · Please send a cover letter and resume of relevant experience.
· Due to the nature of this role, we are unable to consider TIOH congregants for this position.
Duration: Part-time (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm preferred)
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
Preferred Degree: Bachelors
Job Location: Temple Israel of Hollywood, 7300 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046
Temple Israel of Hollywood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The right candidate will follow and remain consistent with our culture, traditions, and core values while addressing the needs of the families we serve with compassion and empathy.
We are seeking an organized, friendly, and proactive professional with strong interpersonal skills. As potentially the first point of contact for those seeking information, we are looking for someone who will create a welcoming, positive…