Associate Director of Ambulatory Care Operations
The Institute for Advanced Medicine
The Mount Sinai Health System
The Associate Director of Ambulatory Care Operations is responsible for the day-to day operations and regulatory compliance of five Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) practice sites. This includes providing leadership in the areas of facilities management, office practice redesign, planning and development, front-end billing, staffing, and clinic operations, all with the goal of ensuring financial viability and enhancing the patient experience. Is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of IAM and the Mount Sinai Health System.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Working with the Director of Operations, establishes and achieves short and long-range goals, that are aligned with the health system's strategic plans and goals for key operations metrics and patient experience.
· Independently leads, designs, manages, and executes performance improvement initiatives through all phases.
· Supervises operations management staff and others as indicated by the Table of Organization. Responsible for the administrative oversight of all IAM clinic staff.
· Actively monitors IAM-productivity and performance measures and compares to identified benchmarks. Participates in corrective action as necessary.
· Supervises clinic managers and act as liaison to provide support at the site level.
· Manage consolidation of IAM clinic sites. Provides IAM leadership with input on space requirements and appropriate use of new space.
· Oversees major process improvement initiatives while ensuring meaningful patient input.
· Monitors each site to ensure that access to care standards are achieved.
· Leads the design and implementation of patient experience and customer service training modules.
· Maintains current knowledge of health delivery trends and evidence-based solutions for improving the delivery of care and services.
· Actively involved in planning, articulating, and ensuring fidelity to National Center for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home commitments.
· Assures compliance with federal, state and city codes and regulations as well as JCAHO and NYS DOH.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 3+ years direct operations management, performance improvement or consulting experience in one or more of the following areas; operations management strategic planning, quality improvement/process improvement, patient experience.
· Masters Degree preferred.
· Demonstrates a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with staff, patients and families.
· Experience in an Ambulatory Care setting required; Experience in Infectious Diseases/HIV primary care setting preferred.
· Applied knowledge of LEAN methodologies preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
· Proficiency in electronic Medical Record (EPIC) preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume.