Airlink is a humanitarian organization that connects airlines with vetted nonprofits to deliver disaster responders and supplies in support of communities in crisis worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Director of Humanitarian Programs to drive Airlink’s disaster preparedness and response activities through mobilizing its nonprofit and aviation partners to ensure emergency supplies and relief workers reach communities in crisis. The Director of Humanitarian Programs will lead and develop the Programs team to respond to humanitarian crises around the globe.
This is a hands-on position that requires tenacity! We’re looking for an experienced self-starter that can manage existing relationships, and develop impactful programs that are attractive to institutional funders and potential disaster response donors.
In this position, the Director of Humanitarian Programs will design and implement all Humanitarian Program activities, and work as a key member of an energetic team based in the heart of Washington, DC. Specifically, responsibilities include:
- Position Airlink as a trusted humanitarian logistics provider within the humanitarian response field.
- Lead organization in all relevant phases of emergency response, including preparedness through pre-planned processes and procedures, as well as in identifying opportunities to solve logistical issues during a response.
- Actively engage in fundraising agenda with a view toward building impactful programs to address humanitarian needs.
- Manage and develop existing passenger and cargo airlift partner network to facilitate rapid response during times of disaster.
- Enhance monitoring and evaluation framework to measure impact of programmatic activities.
- Construct and manage a field-capable team to support partner NGO response and coordination during a given event.
- Develop and establish relationships with key stakeholders to ensure Airlink continues to grow its understanding of and response capabilities toward addressing humanitarian situations. Engage in global disaster response preparedness forums and groups to position the organization as an expert in humanitarian logistics and identify funding opportunities.
- Facilitate the provision of mission impact stories to marketing and communications team.
Airlink is a small but impactful organization. To be successful, a candidate should possess the following key characteristics:
- Energy and Passion: Demonstrate an insatiable tenacity for reaching their goals to not only sustain but also build the organization and its impact in responding to disasters.
- Creativity and Innovation: Develop unique ways to grow the organization’s impact and improve its methods and systems.
- Effective Communication: Listen, speak and write to a wide variety of stakeholder types using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Respond to inquiries and provide feedback in a timely manner.
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Fostering Teamwork: Work with and manage others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Organizational Skills: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Ethical Behavior: Understand and uphold ethical business practices and conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the organization’s values.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years + relevant experience.
- Must be a strong writer and oral presenter.
- Creative individual with high-energy. Team player.
- Prior operational and/or humanitarian logistics experience is preferred.
- Prior experience operating or significant exposure to comprehensive and diversified revenue channels including governmental, NGOs, corporations, foundations and individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and manage multiple deadlines and tasks, including managing executive volunteer stakeholders.
- Prior experience with and proficiency in Salesforce or other CRM system.
- Potential of up to 25% percent travel, including international.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.