Position: Signature Events Manager
Reports to: National Director, Signature Events
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson's disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
This self-starting individual is responsible for driving fundraising success through strategic and tactical consultation and execution focused on key fundraising and stewardship elements that ensure the success of Parkinson's Foundation signature walk events. Through collaboration and coordination with the National Director, Signature Events, Region leaders, Chapter staff, and volunteer partners, the Signature Events Manager will provide expertise and leadership to help ensure Chapter staff are positioned for revenue growth and enhanced volunteer relationships that will deliver successful implementation and financial results of Foundation peer-to-peer events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under the leadership of the National Director, Signature Events, assist in driving fundraising success through the development and delivery of overall walk event standards, timeline, and strategy to grow revenue and relationships annually.
- Work collaboratively with Chapter staff, other internal departments, and volunteer leaders to address specific market opportunities to increase revenue and participation.
- Develop and deliver tools and training for Chapters to maximize their ability to prospect, recruit, manage and cultivate high-level volunteers, event participants, sponsors, and media partners effectively.
- Develop and deliver tools and training for Chapters to maximize their ability to effectively plan and execute walk event, kickoffs, and post-event cultivation event logistics.
- Partner with National Director, Signature Events on needs, content development, and facilitation of walk training opportunities offered to Chapter staff through national and regional calls and meetings to maximize the growth of our signature walk programs. As needed, serve as the primary contact for new staff orientation and training.
- Innovate and implement new and creative fundraising strategies throughout the year.
- Work with the National Director, Signature Events to manage and grow the corporate team program strategy and supporting resources to expand companies and their employees' participation.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the annual budget for Moving Day Community Walk and the Moving Day Virtual Walk Program.
- Direct the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and recognition for Moving Day Community Walk event coordinators and Moving Day Virtual Walk participants.
- Coordinate collateral materials and public relations for Moving Day Community Walk and the Moving Day Virtual Walk Program.
- Coordinate event logistics for Moving Day Community Walk and the Moving Day Virtual Walk Program.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and proposed fundraising event activities.
- Actively seek opportunities to address organizational needs and positively impact the local communities while advancing the Foundation's mission, goals, and values.
- Complete special projects as assigned and partner with national departments when applicable to ensure the success of the project.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant peer-to-peer fundraising experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior ability to influence and deliver results through a consultative role. Exceptional management, leadership, decision-making, and team-building skills. Capable of building and sustaining relationships with staff and a variety of external individuals and organizations.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated competency when handling diversified assignments.
- Capability to leverage relationships, both externally and internally.
- Team player that can interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
- Ability for presentation delivery, conveying ideas, influencing action, and instructing effectively.
- Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative.
- Perform all other responsibilities and projects as assigned by National Director, Signature Events, and senior management.
- Willingness to learn while striving for excellence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ensure that the confidentiality and security of all information under his/her supervision is maintained.
- Ability to travel up to 20% when traveling is safe.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Manager, Signature Events” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.