The National Alliance to End Homelessness (Alliance) is an influential national nonprofit devoted to finding and advancing solutions to homelessness. We are focused on making an impact, and seek an enthusiastic new team member to work with our Center for Capacity Building (Center). The Center works with jurisdictions and organizations across the country to increase their capacity to achieve the goal of ending homelessness. If you are committed to helping communities SOLVE the problem of homelessness, consider joining the Alliance.
Who we are looking for:
The Alliance is looking for a talented Technical Assistance (TA) Associate to join our training and technical assistance team and help communities end homelessness. We seek someone with high energy, excellent organizational and communications skills, and a grounding knowledge of homelessness and related issues, especially in the areas of housing and human services. A successful TA Associate will value close collaboration with team members, but will also be self-motivated and able to work independently. In particular, we are looking for someone who can grow in the job and progressively accept more responsibility in the future.
What you will do:
The TA Associate will tap a wide network of Alliance contacts in the field to understand and develop information around solutions to homelessness. They will then use that information to develop and support the delivery of training and technical assistance that helps communities implement solutions.
The TA Associate will work with the Director of the Center for Capacity Building in the Alliance office in San Francisco; and with other members of the Center’s team in Washington DC and Pennsylvania. In addition, the TA Associate will work with the rest of the Alliance staff located in the home office in Washington DC.
Tasks will include:
- Working with the Director of the Center to help design trainings, develop training modules, create support materials for training, and support the delivery of on-site training.
- Researching and collecting information about best practices, evidence-based interventions, and data on the effectiveness of interventions.
- Organizing and supporting the efforts of the team to deliver assistance.
- Providing planning and logistical support for the Team, including monitoring contracts and invoices.
- Drafting and dissemination of tools and reports on key interventions.
- Support production of online content.
- Helping design and implement methods to evaluate Alliance training and technical assistance.
- Plan and develop content and workshops for the Alliance’s two annual conferences.
- Contributing to the Alliance’s newsletter, website, and other communications efforts.
- As other duties allow, tracking and analyzing homelessness policy developments in California.
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Director and the President.
What a successful candidate will need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Writing and research experience and skills
- Previous project experience, including undertaking multiple projects simultaneously
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated commitment to having an impact on homelessness, poverty or related issues
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate numerous project simultaneously
- Some experience with training or technical assistance
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
Director, Center for Capacity Building
What we can offer you:
The Alliance is strong, flexible team of professionals that works collaboratively to achieve its mission of preventing and ending homelessness in the nation. We offer a supportive work environment in which staff has both the responsibility and opportunity to pursue and achieve solutions to a national social problem. In addition to an environment in which every member of the staff is valued and has the opportunity to contribute, the Alliance offers the following benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Employer supported health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick leave and a generous holiday schedule
The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Minimum Education Required