515 S Figueroa St
Customer Service Manager provides leadership in creating a culture of customer service to hospitals and integrated health plans in Los Angeles County. The CSM is responsible for building relationships with hospital and IHP staff that lead to referral of homeless patients to the recuperative care program. Works with all recuperative care program staff to ensure census goals and client outcomes are met and works with the RCC Director to meet the discharge needs of the hospitals in Los Angeles County. The RCC program provides hospitals with a safe discharge for homeless patients. The successful Customer Service Manager will ensure the program is recognized by hospitals and the community as a safe discharge of the homeless individual.
At NHF, we do meaningful, mission driven work to improve the health of individuals and under-resourced communities by taking action on the social determinants of health. Being healthy begins where we live, learn, work and play. So that is where we focus our work – in the community. NHF Recuperative Care is an integral part of the county’s comprehensive plan to end homelessness. In addition to offering a safe discharge option for hospitals, our recuperative care sites serve as alternative intake centers for the housing process, to link some of our most vulnerable neighbors to low-cost care and then to permanent housing and ongoing support.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and distribute branded marketing materials to partner hospitals.
- Ensure hospitals are informed of patient status on admission and by emailing patient outcome summaries.
- Strive to meet and exceed recuperative care minimum daily census.
- Prepare quarterly reports for each individual hospital CEO on cost savings.
- Participate and create a NHF presence at two (2) community meetings (monthly).
- Provide weekly social media posts for NHF electronic communication methods.
- Connect with community partners (shelters, housing partners, affiliated groups).
- Conduct ongoing customer service training for all recuperative care staff.
- Prepare and conduct an annual satisfaction survey for hospitals.
- Develop an outreach plan to expand recuperative care to hospitals and IHP’s that NHF does not currently hold Letters of Agreement.
- Daily travel throughout Los Angeles County.
- Frequent travel between RCC sites and main office required; 60-75% of time in the field.
- Transporting items to hospitals and to the RCC sites.
- Sitting, working on the computer.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Three (3) years of successful marketing and sales experience.
- Experience working with at-risk populations (preferred).
- Experience working with hospitals and integrated health plans.
- Effective communicator (clients, subordinates, peers, supervisors, collaborators) through oral and written reports.
- Able to comfortably work with a multi-disciplinary corporate team.
- Able to solve complex problems and serve as liaison between hospitals and NHF.
- Must have reliable transportation and proof of liability insurance.
What You’ll Get:
A collaborative, passionate team environment focused on serving the needs of our clients with dignity and respect. NHF is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and 401k.
Salary: $70,000 - $75,000/year
Who We Are:
National Health Foundation is a nonprofit organization that works within communities to eliminate barriers to health, address the root causes of poor health, and advocate and empower under-resourced communities to find solutions that lead to lasting change. Embracing the guiding philosophy that health begins where we live, learn, work and play, the organization’s work focuses on four key areas: housing, food access, built environments and education. Visit us at http://www.nhfca.org/.
NHF is an equal opportunity employer.
NHF is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and 401k.
Minimum Education Required