Youth Advocate, Collegiate Express at Beacon P.S. 269
Do you enjoy engaging with high school age youth?
Do have experience working with high school age youth?
Do you want to help high school age youth plan for their future in college and beyond?
If so, apply to be the Youth Advocate in
CAMBA's Collegiate Express Program!
What Does a Youth Advocate do?
- Provide ongoing support and academic advisement to high school youth to prepare them to be successful in college and beyond
- Conduct youth development workshops to build youth's skills
- Support youth in applying for and successfully completing paid summer internships
- Plan and chaperone college tours for youth
- Engage with parents, school counselors, volunteer tutors and other key stakeholders to support youth
- Assist Program Director in creating marketing materials for program events and activities
- Maintain student records using a computerized data tracking system
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven ability to use Google Drive, Microsoft Office, other data systems
- Knowledgeable about the NYC public school system & graduation requirements
- Experience supervising youth in a community or school setting
- Team player
- Ability to work the following part-time, year-round schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday-1 PM-6PM; Wednesday-3PM-8PM.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required