1010 Vermont Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Do you enjoy solving puzzles? Do you prefer a dynamic work environment? Would you like to be part of a team where your creativity and expertise could make immediate change? Consider joining ours!
The Development Manager at Suited for Change plays a critical role. This position reports to the Executive Director and coordinates the day-to-day fundraising efforts and donor management, all external events, as well as working on organization messaging and media relations.
Strategic thinking, positive attitude, comfort with technology, and willingness to hit-the-ground-running a must.
• Help to develop and implement annual fundraising strategy and supportive plans
• Support the ED in securing contributions from foundations, individuals, and corporations
• Plan and manage capital campaigns, fundraising appeals in partnership with ED
• Maintain CRM software for all donations, gifts, activities
• Develop and distribute regular donor communications: receipts, notices, newsletters, etc.
• Engage with, leverage, and maintain partnerships in charitable giving and workplace giving programs
• Cultivate new donor relationships and partnerships
• Manage all logistics, planning, promotions, and execution of SFC events and sales, including annual spring gala
· Study and collect donor data to improve outreach efforts
• Keep meticulous sales and donation logs for review by bookkeeper and ED
• Help to develop and implement an annual communications strategy and media plans
• Keep online accounts up-to-date with the brand
• Create posts, calendars, and schedule social media across multiple platforms
• Study and track analytics
• Participate in events as SFC representative
• Update web site regularly/as needed
All SFC staff contribute to the day-to-day office work including, but not limited to, answering phones, engaging with clients and partners, working alongside a large corps of volunteers, and handling clothing donations.
Please be aware: because we receive regular clothing donations from the public, staff regularly lift and move 20+ pounds of weight.
• BA required
• 1-3 years of fundraising experience required
• Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills
• Highly organized
• Team player
• Comfort and aptitude in a variety of software programs (MSFT, Google, Apple, Adobe, knowledge of donor databases/CRM)
• Comfort with basic graphic design, web site management
• Dedicated & committed to getting the job done
• Desire to interact with clients of a diverse background
• Love of fashion a plus!
Contact: Please submit cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required