Position: Digital Marketing Strategist
Reports to: Marketing Team Leader
Compensation: This is an exempt, grade 5, full-time position
Date Position Open: April 2018
The Digital Marketing Strategist develops and supports strategies and tactics for digital marketing distribution channels, including paid advertising, social media, and the public website. The Digital Marketing Strategist develops strategies to generate leads, drive conversions, and optimize the user experience. The Digital Marketing Strategist supports day-to-day management of digital campaigns and efforts, and serves as a member of the Vanguard Charitable Marketing team.
- Creates a digital marketing strategy that generates new leads, optimizes conversion rates, promotes growth within target client segments and creates an excellent user experience for donors and prospects.
- For digital campaigns, this individual will define scope, requirements, goals, measurement plan, and timeline.
- Consults with key stakeholders across the business to gain input, advice and insight.
- Works with other Marketing team members to ensure completion of deliverables.
- Communicates progress, issues, and relevant findings to business partners.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns – including SEO/SEM, email, social media, and display advertising
- Facilitates implementation and day-to-day management of digital marketing initiatives to achieve key department goals aligning to Vanguard Charitable’s Marketing strategy.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on data and insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies leveraging digital channels and tools
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Use strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end prospect and donor experience across multiple channels and touch points
- Manage Vanguard Charitable’s relationship with digital advertising agencies and other key vendors, as assigned.
- Evaluate emerging technologies; provide perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communication or equivalent background/ experience.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience required.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, CRM database, email, social media and/or paid advertising campaigns.
- Strong writing skills.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (Google Analytics preferred).
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Excellent collaboration and communications skills across department and across the business.
- Independent and collegial; proven problem solving and resourcefulness skills while ensuring processes are being followed and stakeholders are kept involved.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Minimum Education Required