Community Based Programs - DREAM University
Part-Time and Seasonal
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Our middle school summer program (DREAM University) is seeking dynamic individuals to serve as Summer Athletics Coaches
for our program in East Harlem.
DREAM University will serve approximately 200 6 th, 7 th and 8 th graders and will include an academic morning, followed by a recreational afternoon at Roberto Clemente State Park (RCSP). DREAM University Athletics Coaches are expected to deliver structured, skill-based sport and recreational lessons that follow the scope and sequence provided. All DREAM University Coaches will report to the Senior Manager of Athletics, Health and Wellness. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver structured, skill-based sport education lessons that are aligned with the program's scope and sequence, which include: Football, Soccer, Lacrosse, Track and Field, Baseball/Softball, Basketball, Gymnastics, Group Aerobic/Anaerobic Fitness, Ultimate Frisbee and Flag Rugby;
- Create and submit practice plans to ensure program excellence;
- Supervise and manage students at all times using restorative practices and proactive interventions to ensure physical and emotional safety;
- Model and encourage positive participation in all daily activities;
- Participate in professional development and tactical meetings as necessary;
- Implement all COVID related and standard health and safety protocols as required.
Tentative Days & Hours:
- 18+ years old and High school diploma or equivalent required;
- In pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree in Education or Physical Education, preferred;
- Experience working with groups of children;
- Ability to take initiative and maintain flexibility;
- Willingness to work in a team environment and meet high expectations for students and staff;
- Deep embodiment of DREAM's mission and values;
- Ability to work during the program hours;
- Must be able to work in person at the program site.
Athletics programming location:
- Start date: June 28th (online and on-site training)
- End date: August 6th
- Athletics Coach hours: Monday-Friday 12:30pm - 4:30pm
- Program dates and hours are subject to change.
- Roberto Clemente State Park (RCSP)
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
- Compensation starts at $18/hour.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/QlgoAnU1ExepfymoIW5jz" />