ABOUT NEW FUTURES:
New Futures is a dynamic local nonprofit with a unique approach to fighting inequity: we believe fiercely that shorter-term credentials – associate degrees or professional certifications – are an effective launch point toward rewarding, fulfilling careers. One of the only college success organizations supporting underserved young people on this so-called non-traditional path, New Futures invests in our Scholars with a deliberate combination of scholarships, academic and career advising, access to transformative professional networks, and a lot of heart as they jumpstart careers they love in high-growth fields that will lead to financial security and more equitable futures for all.
New Futures was founded in 1999 as a scholarship organization, but we are so much more than that now. We have evolved significantly since 2016 as a leader in college persistence and workforce development. Since our inception, we have worked with over 450 Scholars and awarded over $5 million in post-secondary scholarships. Ninety-one percent (91%) of Scholars who have started our program since 2013 are either still making progress towards or have successfully graduated from their educational programs. Having strengthened our approach so rapidly, with new programming and growing numbers of both Scholars and staff, we need YOU to help us build our capacity, expand our impact, and sustain our growth!
As the Career Pathways Program Manager, you will have an invaluable opportunity to lead, support and develop the New Futures’ the Career Pathways Program. You will work closely with the Career Pathways team on various programming initiatives--- from career preparation for all Scholars, to organizing career exposure experiences and events, to developing partnerships in service of accessing employment opportunities for our Scholars and Alumni---and will collaborate with the Assistant Director of Career Success on the vision and growth across the program. You will also advise a caseload of students, providing them with support, guidance, and accountability as they start and finish their post-secondary programs. This is a full-time position reporting to the Assistant Director of Career Success.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Career Pathways Program
● Create and implement comprehensive Career Pathways programming aimed at providing career preparation, career exposure and career opportunities for Scholars and Alumni who are pursuing all career fields. Programming includes but is not limited to:
○ Develop and create a full comprehensive calendar with an array of events tailored to each Career Pathway but not limited to:
■ Career Preparation
● Career Launch Web Series
■ Career Exposure
● Yearly conferences
● Networking Nights
● Coding/IT Bootcamps
● Career Panels
● Job shadow + site visit days at Corporate and Industry Partner sites
● Corporate Partner “Talks”/ events
● Developing Career Maps for 1-1 career advising
■ Career Opportunities
● Sharing job opportunities with Scholars and Alumni that become available through our partnerships with employers.
● Develop a Career Pathway newsletter that provides insight on industry trends, employment opportunities, and New Future updates.
● Support the growth of the Career Pathways Program team to help continue to develop the Career Pathways model.
● Develop and manage partnerships with Corporate and Industry Partners to facilitate Career Pathways programming, internships, and job opportunities for Scholars and Alumni
○ Act as the primary liaison with all Corporate Partners
■ Host quarterly check-ins to keep us abreast of industry trends. (ex. twice a year / bi-yearly or once a year, call with their talent management staff to understand who they are looking for, or hiring demands in the industry)
■ Connecting New Futures to industry resources and/or partners to help support the growth of each of our Career Pathways.
■ Actively engage Corporate Partners employees in Career Pathways programming and exposing them to the NF program: volunteer engagement
○ Ongoing advocacy on the need to develop internship opportunities that Scholars + Alumni can tap into
■ Develop a comprehensive Summer and Year-long internship program with Corporate Partners and their employees
○ Research new partners yearly and cultivate relationships to broaden the network/ contacts of professionals for scholars to connect within the industry.
Program Support and Collaboration
● Work closely with the Scholars Program Manager and the Assistant Director of Career Success to increase student pipeline in all Career Pathways, including developing and supporting relationships with existing and new Community Partners
● Assist with facilitation, planning, implementation of Scholars and Alumni Program training/workshops, including but not limited to:
○ Scholars Weekend
○ Ready Set Go Workshop
○ Scholar Award Dinners
○ Alumni Social Events
● Serve on the Scholar Selection Committee to provide insight in selecting the news cohort of scholars
● Manage a caseload of 35-40 New Futures Scholars (mostly community college students), providing academic and career guidance and assistance to support students in completing their post-secondary programs
○ Communicate with Scholars via in-person meetings, text, phone calls, and other means
○ Support Scholars throughout their New Futures tenure, including (but not limited to): follow-up, accountability, guidance and encouragement, referral to resources, and more
● Track student academic progress on a regular basis, including inputting case notes and collecting other data
● Oversee scholarship payments for all students on caseload
Development and Communications Collaboration
● Ongoing cultivation and recruitment of Corporate partners, volunteers, and industry partners
● Collaborating in spotlighting success stories of our Scholars and Alumni in efforts to amplify their voices and showcase the New Futures work.
● Support of all fundraising efforts including our annual and largest fundraising event (New Futures Benefit).
● Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Career Success with collecting, tracking, and maintaining Career Pathways success and relevant programming data
● Collaborate with Evaluation + Assessment Manager and Assistant Director of Career Success to evaluate and assess success and changes to programming, design, Scholar +Alumni engagement, and Corporate Partners
● Assist the Assistant Director of Career Success with advising the programs team on career advising, pathway trends and programmatic needs as identified by the evaluation
Other Duties as Assigned
ABOUT NEW FUTURES:
New Futures is a dynamic local nonprofit with a unique approach to fighting inequity: we believe fiercely that shorter-term credentials – associate degrees or professional certifications – are an effective launch point…
New Futures offers a competitive benefits package that includes a 403(b) retirement account, medical/dental/vision insurance, 20 vacation days, seven sick days, and a flexible work structure.
This position is entirely remote during COVID-19 until a staggered re-entry into a traditional office environment in 2021 (timeline TBD), at which point the employee may choose to work remotely two days each week.
New Futures offers a competitive benefits package that includes a 403(b) retirement account, medical/dental/vision insurance, 20 vacation days, seven sick days, and a flexible work…
Student & Programming Experience:
Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply
Student & Programming Experience…