43-31 39th Street
The Long-Term Care Navigator (LTC Navigator) will enable SCS to connect seniors to Long-Term Care in a more efficient manner. The Sunnyside Home Care Department is responsible for ensuring the provision of safe and appropriate care and service delivery to the clients it serves in accordance with New York State Department regulations. The Long-term Care Navigator is responsible for screening and assessing prospective clients for long term care. The Long- term Care Access Navigator will have the overall responsibility to assist clients to obtain and maintain Medicaid and long-term care eligibility.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess prospective clients for long-term care eligibility.
- Assess client’s financial status and eligibility for Medicaid.
- Complete all applications and related documentation for Medicaid.
- Assist perspective clients for pool trust when applicable.
- Serves as a resource guide and support when long-term care, is required.
- Follow-up with clients to ensure compliance with documentation submission.
- Act as a resource for clients, intake and the enrollment department in the Medicaid enrollment process.
- Participate in interdisciplinary enrollment and care team conferences, as appropriate.
- Other duties as necessary.
- AA/AS degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience or minimum of 7 years comparable experience required. BA/BS degree preferred;
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and City regulations related to Medicaid eligibility and entitlements;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated skills in data collection, organization and follow-through.
- Medicaid Enrollment Experience a must.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Experience in a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Pool Trust Experience preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Indicate “Long-term Care Navigator (LTC Navigator)” – Your Name” in the subject line. EOE