<img src="https://yearup.csod.com/clientimg/yearup/logo/Logo1_b83bc4cb-f7dd-4271-be37-ac91ff1eb156.gif" alt=""/>
Title: Recruitment Specialist (Los Angeles, CA)
Office: PTC Los Angeles
Location: PTC Los Angeles
Career Stage: Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
The Recruitment Specialist (Los Angeles, CA) reports directly to the Director of Recruitment & Admissions and will contribute to Year Up's recruitment efforts to build a robust, well-qualified and diverse pipeline of applicants. The Recruitment Specialist (Los Angeles, CA) will develop relationships and correspond with prospective students, coordinate advertising and social media campaigns, lead information session presentations and assist in managing relationships with local schools and community-based organizations across the area with the goal of stewarding interested applicants into our admissions process who are strongly aligned with our programmatic outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization where you can leverage your relationship building and public speaking skills to draw highly qualified prospective students to the Year Up program. You are able to think creatively about how to ensure that Year Up's reputation and value proposition is known deeply within our community and partners. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, skilled at relationship-building, and enthusiastic about Year Up's mission.
The Recruitment Specialist (Los Angeles, CA) will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator and advocate in building a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- In partnership with the Recruitment team, develop and implement a recruitment plan to effectively build a strong pipeline of prospective students for each class
- Build and maintain relationships with local high schools, community-based organizations and other groups that work with young adults from a full range of local communities to increase the pipeline of interested qualified candidates
- Host information sessions for interested candidates and present compelling information about Year Up's program offerings
- Support the development and distribution of Year Up program collateral to local organizations and high schools
- Organize and participate at recruitment events
- Oversee the implementation and monitor the success of the student ambassador program
- Develop partnerships with community-based organizations and other partners that provide social services and student resources
- Manage online and print ad placement for recruitment purposes
- Other duties as assigned
Database & Document Management
- Enter data, manage reports and ensure data integrity within Year Up's national database (Salesforce.com)
- Develop proficiency in Salesforce.com report generation and usage to track recruitment statistics and inform improvements to the recruitment process
- Track the weekly progress towards recruitment-related goals
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Serve as a coach/mentor for a small number of current students
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
*This position may require occasional attendance at weekend or evening events
- 1-2 years of work experience preferred, preferably in recruitment or partnership development
- Experience with social media campaigns to drive results
- Effective communication/public speaking skills, and the ability to connect quickly and authentically with people from a variety of different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible
- Professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
- Available for occasional weekend or evening events
- Experience working with external stakeholders; experience with admissions a plus
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies.
Year Up currently serves young adults in Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Philadelphia, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington and will serve more than 3,000 students in 2017 nationwide.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The Non-Profit Times for six consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required