540 President Street, Suite 1A
Groundswell, New York's leading organization dedicated to utilizing community public art as a tool for social justice, seeks an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant plays a vital role in accomplishing Groundswell’s collective impact of serving communities throughout New York City, and beyond. The Administrative Assistant directly supports aspects of office operations assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations. The position also assists the Executive Director and Development Director with assigned tasks, such as making appointments and helping with government and foundation paperwork.
This full-time position offers competitive compensation, together with a great benefits package including generous vacation time. Groundswell's office/studio is in Gowanus, Brooklyn, convenient to the Union Street Subway station.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide a hospitable reception to all who enter the office space
- Screen general inquiry phone extension & email inbox and forward messages to appropriate parties
- Manage office and hospitality supply inventory
- Coordinate all aspects of staff and board meeting preparation, including set up and break down of conference room for meetings, sending invitations, catering, hand-out distribution, etc.
- Manage paper files and archives per organizational retention policy
- Pay online bills and mailing out checks and other correspondence
- Reconcile organization credit card
- Manage petty cash distribution
- Executive Director & Development Director Support
- Assist with scheduling lobbying meetings and other activities
- Provide administrative support to the ED, as assigned
- Provide support for proposal submissions and government filings as assigned
- Participate in various aspects of the annual fundraising benefit
- HR SUPPORT
- Collect and organize timesheets and time off requests
- Add planned staff time off to office calendar
- Prepare intern and staff on-boarding packets
Full-time employees who are employed for the requisite minimum enjoy many benefits including health & dental insurance, 401k with employer match, FSA, and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No faxes, phone calls or in-person deliveries, please. We regret that we cannot respond to every application; only potential candidates will be contacted.