Serving as a member of the Program team, the Admissions Manager (AM) is responsible for the admissions process and the screening and placing of all volunteers (PJVs). Leading a staff of three, this position is responsible for ensuring that enough qualified and willing PJVs are placed in the available domestic and international openings.
The AM is responsible for designing and maintaining a user friendly, efficient and effective admissions process, to ensure that the right candidates move forward in such process. The AM is also responsible for designing and implementing a screening process with relevant interviews and discernment conversations so that the candidates are placed in the most beneficial manner for both volunteer and contracting agency. Currently there are approximately 260 opportunity placements in the Domestic Program and between 24 and 30 opportunity placements in the International Program.
The AM is responsible for ensuring that the agencies complete their placement requirements and ensures that the team is aware of the type of task the volunteers will perform.
The AM works with the Transitions Team to ensure that the on boarding experience of PJVs is satisfactory and efficient. Information captured in the admissions process is shared with the relevant parties.
The AM is responsible for the management and development of staff within the team in order to maintain quality of operations and foster Jesuit values.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree with a major in a relevant field
• Master’s degree a plus
• Relevant full time work experience
• Experience working with young adults
• Familiarity with information technology, various platforms and design of surveys
• Demonstrated intercultural competency and experience working across cultures
• Good interpersonal skills and comfort with various constituencies
• Ability to multi-task and manage a team with a range of responsibilities
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Familiarity with Roman Catholic Theology, particularly in the areas of service and justice
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Retirement Contributions
- Paid Time Off and Common Holidays
- Mobile Device Reimbursement
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the full job description, visit jesuitvolunteers.org/careers