Come join an exciting team at Women Organized Against Rape-WOAR
WOAR, the only rape crisis center in Philadelphia has an exciting new opportunity: Education and Training Specialist.
This position reports to the Director of Education and will assume the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate psycho-educational trainings, workshops and seminars to school-based, community-based and professional audiences.
- Provide trauma informed, sexual violence prevention education throughout the City of Philadelphia
- Research and implement best practices for effective service provision.
- Develop and administer surveys and evaluations. Collect, analyze and report data.
- Develop and implement special projects that promote primary prevention of sexual violence.
- Establish partnerships and linkages to promote a safer Philadelphia.
Education and/or Experience: BS/BA in public health, health education, gender studies, or the equivalent. Two – three years of training/facilitation of groups in community settings. Program coordination and development. Must possess high level of creativity and initiative as well as strong networking skills. Must work well both individually and as a member of a team. Experience working with diverse communities. Able to work some weekends and evenings as needed. Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills required.
Minimum Education Required