701 13th Street NW
The International Law Students Association (ILSA) is a small non-profit organization in Washington, DC, whose mission is to promote the study and understanding of international law; ILSA accomplishes this by providing law students with opportunities to study, research, and network in the international legal arena. The organization’s activities principally include the administration of the world's largest law school moot court competition, the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, as well as academic conferences, publications, and the global coordination of student organizations.
For more information, visit www.ilsa.org.
The Program Assistant will provide daily administrative support to the organization’s full-time lawyers and other staff, communicate with the organization’s members and constituents, oversee accounts receivable and payable, and address inquiries regarding events and opportunities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Administrative Support: Maintain online database systems and email list-serves used for membership, record-keeping, and program registration; Process program participation payments and issue receipts; Coordinate collection and distribution of materials for ILSA program volunteers and other participants; Create, collect, reproduce, and distribute materials for use at ILSA events; Maintain electronic and hardcopy filing systems; Oversee purchases (and payments) of merchandise; Maintain inventory and ship items as orders arrive; Order and keep inventory of office supplies; Update and modify web content as needed while ensuring editorial and style consistency (knowledge of basic html and/or php preferred); Coordinate and reserve office travel to program events worldwide.
• Communications: Draft, edit and transmit communications with ILSA constituents worldwide; Prepare mass email messages to key constituent groups; Play role in drafting social media posts and brainstorming social media strategies; Respond to requests for program and membership information; Coordinate registration of participants and volunteers in ILSA programs; Coordinate with external vendors on various events and orders.
• Event Travel & Onsite Support: Travel to and assist with onsite administration of International Law Weekend in New York City in the fall; Travel to and assist with onsite administration of United States regional competitions of the Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition in February and March; Assist with onsite administration of International Rounds of the Jessup Moot Court Competition in Washington, D.C. in March/April.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with QuickBooks and basic accounting
- Experience with online content management systems
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Authorization to work in the U.S. (non-US citizens must possess work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship for a visa)
Health and dental.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter via email to:
Lesley A. Benn, Executive Director
No telephone inquiries please. Subject line should read: “Application: Program Assistant”.