Lead Administrator Position for Environmental Arts Org.
Strawtown is seeking a personable and skilled leader to provide core operational and communications support for our growing not-for-profit. We are a small environmental arts education organization that is dedicated to connecting children and families with the natural world through innovative art and science discovery programs that we develop. Our programs take place both outdoors and in art studio settings at satellite locations. We are looking for a person with a demonstrated superior ability for running the office operations.The ideal candidate shares the Strawtown values and vision and will want to grow with us long-term.
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, resume, and a writing sample. Strawtown Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
A Dynamic Job for a Systems Thinker!
This is a creative opportunity for a business-minded person to take on the varied responsibilities of this small and growing business. You will be involved in all daily operations, from communications, to program and studio management, to office administration and research. This position features plenty of self-directed work as well as project-based teamwork. Strawtown’s work atmosphere is rich in the areas of: the arts, environment, education, the lower Hudson Valley region, community building, citizen science, water advocacy and stewardship. The ideal candidate will share in the Strawtown values and vision, and will want to grow with us long-term.
Major Areas of Position:
· Communications: phone and email communications with clients, vendors, and donors
· Program Management: handle program registration, scheduling, process payments and donations, and book rental spaces
· Marketing: responsible for program promotion, mailings, and outreach (including website maintenance, social media, and live events)
· Office Admin: responsible for processing, tracking and follow up of all business transactions including: insurance and contracts, vendor and client accounts, purchasing and managing supplies
· Database Management: develop, maintain, and improve data management system of clients, donors, and volunteers, extract data from forms and update systems
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, especially tracking and follow-up
· Excellent computer skills, including: experience and comfort w/ MAC computers a must, mac email, MS Office (especially MS Word and Excel), basic photo management, basic graphic design (Adoble InDesign and Photoshop), high aptitude for learning new programs
· Knowledge of database and record management systems
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Adept at multi-tasking, and managing multiple priorities and deadlines
· Ability to work well independently and in a team
· Experience with websites and social media platforms (Word Press, Mail Chimp, Facebook, Instagram)
· Ability to foster a work environment of mutual respect, team building, and collaboration
Education and Experience:
· Business or marketing degree or similar (bachelor’s degree or higher)
· At least 3 years of experience in marketing, business, or non-profit management
Reports to: Directors
Schedule: Part-time position, 20-30 hrs/week. Position is designed to become full-time with benefits.
Compensation: $25.00 per hour, starting base pay
Please familiarize yourself with our website before applying: strawtownstudio.org
NOTE: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Strawtown does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
This is a part time position designed to become full time with benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to email@example.com