146 North 1st Street
Paterson Habitat seeks Community Development leader
Are you a looking for a job that fulfills your individual career goals while benefiting the greater good?
Paterson Habitat for Humanity invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Community Development Officer. In this position, you will lead Paterson Habitat’s community development efforts with primary emphasis on building relationships within the new and existing community stakeholders, as well as, developing strategic directions for this work. It is important for this senior leader to find new revenue streams to fund programs that enhance the quality of life of residents in Habitat neighborhoods. Strong communication, business and analytical skills required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop community development strategies and plans for targeted neighborhoods including how PHFH will be a “partner” vs a “driver” of community development efforts
- Gather relevant data to help in decision making and impact/outcome evaluations
- Expand the numbers of individuals and groups mobilized to decrease neighborhood deficits and amplify community assets
- Assess/identify/initiate new revenue streams such as special tax credit programs, revenue-sharing partnerships, business joint ventures and grants
- Promote civic engagement especially in the area of advocacy for housing and community development at local, state and federal levels
- Coordinate efforts with PHFH’s Family Services Department with particular emphasis building relationships with key constituencies such as homeowner partners
- College with graduate level degrees preferred. Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and speaking skills
- Demonstrated organizational, management and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated accomplishments/ experience in line with specific responsibilities listed for this position
- Current Paterson resident and/or candidate willing to move into Paterson is a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Minimum Education Required