Details: Salary Commensurate with Experience
JOB SUMMARY – Project Assistant
The Fund for Women's Equality and ERA Coalition is seeking a highly motivated individual with an interest in gender justice movement building to fill the role of a Project Assistant in our New York City office. The Project Assistant reports to the CEO and supports the Equal Rights Amendment Coalition/Fund for Women's Equality team. S/he provides administrative and communications support to the CEO and coordinates programmatic and administrative tasks for the team. The Project Assistant also works with the co-president, her executive assistant and COO to help facilitate project management, scheduling, and follow up on various communications and initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door to work for an organization building a movement around gender justice.
- Manage all aspects of the calendar, including access to the manager/executive and important tasks and deadlines. Set appointments and organize meetings.
- Act as a liaison between the board, lead organizations, legislators and others.
- Assist CEO in responding to all correspondence and follow up. Prepare preliminary drafts of correspondence, talking points, brief reports, presentations, and media related communications on the CEO's behalf. Conduct preliminary research. Take minutes and meeting notes.
- Assist with electronic and paper filing, preparation of packets of promotional materials.
- Assist with the organization's social media, including scheduling updates, sharing of relevant content, engaging with fans and followers, answering to customer inquiries, and covering company events on social media.
- Book and arrange travel, transport and accommodation.
- Manage databases and filing systems.
- Prepare presentations.
- Manage ad hoc projects.
Education and Experience
- Administrative experience preferred. BA preferred.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, board members, donors, members and external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as computer skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to competing demands.
- Availability and willingness, on occasion, to provide support and assistance outside regular business hours in accommodation of schedule.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send letter of interest and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fund for Women's Equality/ERA Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.