Manager, Law Enforcement Torch Run/ Corporate Development
- Job posted by Special Olympics International
1133 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Manager, LETR/Corporate Development is responsible for the fulfillment and growth of the LETR to meet annual fundraising goals. This position manages the day to day operations of the LETR and Program relations pertaining to LETR event(s) (Annual Conference, Relay, Tip-A-Cops and Truck Convoy).
This position will work under the direction of the VP of LETR/Corporate Development on budget reconciliation and management and in collaboration for managing strategies and activities for donor cultivation and solicitation for LETR events and initiatives. The Manager will implement effective cultivation processes and methods that lead to successful solicitations from a broad portfolio of corporations that meet the needs of Special Olympics International.
The LETR/Corporate Development Manager reports to the VP LETR/Corporate Development and assists with the LETR Executive Council relationship.
- Meet or exceed annual financial goals as collectively established by the Chief Development Officer and Vice President of LETR/Corporate Development
- Supports the International Conference Planning Committee in planning and implementing the annual LETR Conference.
- Works with on-line registration vendor and volunteers to manage the registration and housing process and oversees all conference events onsite.
- Provides administrative support to the LETR Executive Council by assisting the Chairperson and Committee Chairpersons with communications, budgeting and coordination of Council efforts.
- Works in conjunction with the Finance Committee to manage the LETR Executive Council budget (approximately $708,000) including processing invoices, tracking, providing reports, as well as preparing and monitoring accounts receivable and payable.
- Develop, monitor and forecast new partnerships and ensure all leads/contacts/status are
- documented in donor management system.
- Prepare presentations/proposals and other requests to solicit financial support along with product donations
- Provide relationship management for a select portfolio of partners
- Day to day contact for LETR National & Global Porgrams
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years related experience coordinating events.
- Experience managing budgets, tracking sponsor revenue, managing expenses and guiding event development.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Experience in developing term sheets, presentations and other sales materials
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with a wide range of people—donors, vendors, the public, SOI Program leadership, volunteers, Special Olympics athletes.
- Strong proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (standard office suite) required.
- Volunteer management experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM platform
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Interest in and/or experience with sports, health, fitness and people with intellectual disabilities
- Experience working with international organizations and people from different cultures
Special Olympics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans are welcomed and encouraged.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at www.specialolympics.org- Professional Opportunities.