KN 5 Road
Position: General Manager, PMFL & APL
Position Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Start Date: October 1, 2018
Duration: 1 year contract commitment
Job Description: This project requires an individual with outstanding management and marketing skills who can accomplish the following:
- Analyzing micro-finance loan data and organizing into reports for senior management.
- Cross-checking and verifying proper financial management protocols are being followed.
- Holding staff accountable to company policy.
- Overseeing PHPI's program managers for partners Preferred Micro Finance Ltd. and Agricultural Processing Ltd. and a staff of 15 in daily operations.
- Oversee Agricultural Processing Ltd.(APL) funded by PMFL which will provide threshing and grading services close to the farmers. APL will purchase, process and transport the farmers maize to market.
- Provide oversight for setting up a test model project for threshing/grading, packaging, transporting, purchasing and marketing farmers maize crop.
- Working with crop buyers to secure a good selling price at the most ideal time.
- Analyzing all costs involved in the agricultural processing process from seed to harvest and selling to potential buyers.
- Assisting in the new applicant vetting process for new loan disbursements.
- Working alongside administrative staff to continue development of the funding web platform that PHPI uses to fund loans for small entrepreneurial groups and farmers.
- Strengths in as many of the skills listed below will be helpful in successfully completing the position's objectives. Please self-rate each of the following on a scale of 1-10 and be prepared to discuss these in detail during the interview should you be selected:
- Accounting ___
- Management skills ___
- Verbal communication skills ___
- Written communication skills ____
- Marketing ___
- Agricultural knowledge ___
- Information Technology ___
- Innovation/entrepreneurship ___
- Problem solving with limited resources ___
- Desire to help the poor by giving them a hand up instead of a handout ___
Shared vehicle use
Program expenses covered
Airtime and Internet provided
One return flight per year
Level of Language Proficiency
English as a first language preferred
Kinyarwanda (if applicable)
Minimum Education Required