The Executive Assistant to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides executive administrative support to the CAO facilitating the CAO’s ability to effectively lead the Church and all related operations. This position serves as "gatekeeper" and "gateway" to the CAO and acts as a primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the CAO. The role works closely with the Corporate Secretary, and the Executive Assistants for the Rector, Vicar and Chief of Staff to ensure smooth operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scheduling for CAO and Document Management
- Manage professional and personal schedule, including booking meetings, conference calls and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas for the CAO.
- Take meeting minutes, write reports, prepare correspondence and prioritize items that need attention.
- Prepare meeting materials, reference materials, and maintain files for all CAO meetings.
- Follow up on tasks and projects, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. As directed by the CAO, determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Ensure that the CAO is well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Answer phones, file and manage paperwork, and mail letters for the CAO.
Hospitality, Special Events and Projects
- Represent the CAO by welcoming visitors, providing hospitality services, and arranging events and other functions.
Coordination with Internal and External Stakeholder Relations
- Serve as administrative liaison and, on behalf of the CAO, communicating directly with Senior Ministry Team, key staff and special vestry Committee Chairs, and other key staff.
- Work with colleagues throughout Trinity to ensure smooth workflow in and out of the offices of each of the CAO’s Senior Team members.
- Provide a bridge for efficient communication between the office of the CAO and internal departments.
- Prepare, organize, and distribute time-sensitive and confidential materials.
- Coordinate with the CAO and provide support to build and manage key relationships.
- Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CAO updated.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CAO.
- Provide backup support, as needed, to the Executive Assistants for the Rector, Vicar, and/or Chief of Staff.
- Prepare draft correspondence or respond directly in writing to internal and external shareholders at direction of CAO.
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promote Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- General bookkeeping and proficient math skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media
- Proficient computer and Internet research skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail; project management/coordination experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- May be required to work nights and weekends, on occasion
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
Required and Preferred Education, Experience, and Credentials:
- A bachelor's degree is required
- Five years of work experience. Experience supporting C-Level Executives in a mix of non-profit and for-profit companies preferred.
- Experience working with diverse groups of people.
Trinity Church Wall Street offers competitive wages, and eligible team members receive a rich collection of benefits, programs, and perks including:
- Excellent group health coverage with Trinity-paid premiums
- Life insurance and Trinity-paid short- and long-term disability coverage
- A retirement savings plan with institution match after 3 months of employment
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee events, wellness programs, professional development, and training opportunities
- Undergraduate tuition assistance
- Summer flex schedule (in some departments)
- Employee discounts and NYC attraction passes
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply for Executive Assistant using the link below: