General Manager and Head of Accounting & Finance Department
- Job posted by Dr. Ambrosoli Memorial Hospital Foundation
Details: Salary Grade commensurate with experience and qualifications. Reimbursement will be provided for accommodation, visa and insurance reimbursement, flights to Kalongo (Uga
north Uganda - Agago District
Position: General Manager and Head of Accounting & Finance Department
Reports to: CEO
Duration: 1-year renewable
Dr Ambrosoli Memorial Hospital is a private not for profit rural hospital of missionary heritage
belonging to the local Archdiocese of Gulu.
The General Manager and Head of Accounting & Finance Department is expected to fully
understand and commit to the hospitals’ approaches of full acceptance of the hospital values and
while it has to achieve an efficient use of its scarce resources, there are some core values that
prevail on any other considerations:
Efficiency cannot be achieved through actions that could potentially:
- Lower the actual standards of care of the patients
- Lower the welfare of the staff
- Collide in any other way with the mandate and the mission of the hospital as spelt out in the
- To maintain through the Accounts Section the general ledger, the chart of accounts and the
other financial records, ensuring that they comply with Accepted Accounting Practices.
- To maintain records of all incomes and expenditures in accordance with the selected method
of accountancy (double entry and cost centre).
- To ensure compliance with all operational, financial, registration and auditing protocols within
Uganda and/or as required by donors’ procedures.
- To work directly with external and internal auditors to ensure appropriate and timely
completion of audits and the strengthening of accounting and control systems.
- To ensure proper accountability to Government, District and other financial bodies.
- To ensure that budgets, financial statements and reports are made available completely and
- To monitor cash flows and cash needs of the hospital in order to avoid cash crisis.
- To ensure compliance with the accountability requirements of the individual projects and
supervises the project offices to: a) establish, maintain and run project-dedicated books and
records; b) compile relevant financial reports; c) facilitate inspection/audit activities by the
donors or their auditors.
- To present regular project briefings and status updates to team regarding budget vs actual and
- To control and manages, through the IT personnel, the financial modules of the IT system.
- To ensure that the procurement procedures for duly approved purchases are enforced, in
coordination with the Procurement Office and in compliance with the established
- To supervise finance staff in normal financial duties. Review and ensure accuracy in
monthly/annual/grant-driven reports generated by finance staff, providing regular updates
- To report immediately to CEO any financial procedure breach.
- To be service minded, keeping a professional and friendly attitude while dealing with
colleagues and business partners.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in accounting or finance administration
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial management for large and complex
projects in medium and large institutions (preferably in NGOs/ low resource contexts/African
- Ability and flexibility to handle high levels of pressure to meet very strict deadlines and critical
- High integrity, unquestionable character and commitment coupled with good leadership
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, conversant with computer based finance
management software skills
- Proven history of long term engagement and stability.
- Intimate knowledge of business models, financial systems and operations and be willing
to follow and enforce hospital’s policies and procedures.
To apply for this position, please fill in the form and upload your CV in pdf format via the
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required