268 Grand Avenue
Responsibilities of the Position
· Supervision of accounting staff activities
· Maintenance of accounting system and records
· Preparation of financial reports for PIC and other related parties
· Preparation of reimbursement claims to grantors and other parties
· Preparation of monthly reconciliations of PIC bank accounts
· Monitoring of cash balances/cash flow
· Assisting auditors and resolving findings
· Representing PIC to vendors, contractors and grantors on accounting matters
· Ensuring compliance with state and federal fiscal regulations
· Maintenance of fixed asset records
· Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related filed from a four-year college or university
· Three years hands-on experience
· Ability to supervise and evaluate accounting staff
· Ability to maintain the daily operations of the accounting system
· Ability to communicate financial information to co-workers and other parties
· Experience with federal/state grant programs
· Ability to review and interpret contractual arrangements
· Requires minimum supervision
IMPORTANT EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
About Oakland PIC
The Oakland PIC is a non-profit organization. The mission of the Oakland PIC is to provide accessible, high quality employment and training services to the Oakland community. Through direct services and contracts with community-based agencies, Oakland PIC provides area residents with job search assistance, resources, and information/referral, as well as job skills training in classroom and on-the-job settings. PIC also partners with the local business community, connecting its large diverse pool of job seekers with hiring employers. PIC programs are free of charge to both job seekers and employers. Oakland PIC career and business services are funded by the Oakland Workforce Development Board.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Oakland PIC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition or the conditions of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS related Conditions (ARC).
The Oakland PIC offers a range of benefits to its regular fulltime employees, including paid leave, holidays, a 403(b) retirement plan, and medical, dental, life, and long term disability insurance. Additional benefits may be available depending on employment category. The extent and availability of benefits are subject to change without notice.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.