WHO WE ARE
All Star Code is a non profit computer science education organization focused on motivated Black and Latino young men. Few organizations prepare this underserved group for careers in the innovation economy. Our ultimate goal is to close the wealth, income, and opportunity gaps.
All Star Code creates economic opportunity by developing a new generation of boys and young men of color with an entrepreneurial mindset who have the tools they need to succeed in a technological world.
All Star Code envisions a country where all young men of color have the access to the tools of success, and where the ability to thrive is available to all who are willing to dare greatly.
The Communications Associate role is responsible for the execution of organization-wide communications plan, reporting to the Director of Fundraising and Strategic Communications.
- Provide key insights that draws on digital analytics, industry best practice, and test placement results of print and digital advertising
- Execute comprehensive communication plans, in partnership with internal stakeholders, designed to increase awareness, generate leads, and support the efforts of Executive, Development, and goal; from concept through to launch
- Assist with the planning and execution of communications activities
Social Media & Asset Management
- Manage annual communications calendar
- Manage and support ASC's social media presence and marketing initiatives
- Support management of All Star Code’s official accounts across platforms, including paid marketing, product marketing, digital marketing, and content marketing, while ensuring that messaging aligns with ASC brand's mission and voice.
Creative Content Production
- Support daily Communications tasks to keep the department functioning: research, proofreading, revising marketing copy, creation of marketing collateral, following trends within the industry / sector
- Support production of ASC's annual report
- Develop, distribute, and maintain all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Implement brand guidelines, as needed, for using creative assets in product, design, and marketing communications
- Create and edit content - especially copy - for marketing and public relations related efforts
- Serves as primary online content producer to support annual calendar and related campaigns
- Experience with communication and marketing tools: Adobe Cloud, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, WordPress, HTML,
- Experience as a creative / graphic designer a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, including Communications, Marketing, Journalism
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative style; sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
Experience in the nonprofit sector is a plus