Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $120 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse – All Shelters (Full Time)
LPNs are embedded in PRI Shelters to provide on-site nursing services under the direction of the Director of Nursing Operations and/or the Director of Primary or Behavior Health Care for issues related to medical care, medical management and nursing services to PRI clients. LPNs have dual reporting responsibilities to the on-site Program Director for daily program interactions and administration/management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Management of medication system for all clients at shelter, including
o receiving and reviewing prescriptions and medications
o ordering medications from pharmacy
o safe storage of medications
o ensuring that clients have appropriate supplies and access to medications
o Monitoring client reactions for side effects and reporting to prescribing provider.
· Provides nursing screening of all new clients
· Assists in triaging psychiatric, medical and substance abuse problems to appropriate providers
· Participates in weekly clinical meetings with medical staff AND with shelter case management & administrative staff
· Communicates regularly with on-site psychiatric and medical providers, case managers and on-site operations & administrative staff
· Communicates with off-site psychiatric providers as necessary and appropriate
· Administers morning and afternoon medications
· Administers decanoate injections according to orders of psychiatric provider
· Provides medication teaching as needed
· Assesses each client’s knowledge of medications and ability to self-administer medications
· Provides ongoing health education and support to clients
· Maintains documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures
· Assist with tele-psychiatry operations as scheduled with tele-psychiatry provider at Project Renewal
· Coordinates activities of evening LPN as needed, respective to site
· New York State licensed LPN
· Working with homeless individuals preferred.
· Must have the ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
· Must have knowledge Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
Effective September 13, 2021, all newly hired Project Renewal staff must: 1) provide one-time status verification of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19 OR 2) provide verification of first does of a two-dose series of Covid-19 vaccination.
Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7…
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); FSAs (health care, dependent care & commuter expenses); Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Generous Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Sick and Holidays
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); FSAs (health care, dependent care &…