740 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Title: Major Gifts Associate
Reports To: Senior Director of Development Partnerships
Positions Reporting to This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment is rooted in our commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
LCV is looking for a skilled and organized individual to provide administrative support for our frontline, major gifts fundraising team. This newly-created position will be at the center of a fast-paced, dynamic team that is working to engage new and existing five- and six-figure donors in LCV’s efforts to fight climate change and protect our environmental safeguards. The Major Gifts Associate will excel at administrative tasks that will help the team be prepared, organized, and reach their fundraising goals. These tasks will include coordinating internal and external meetings, maintaining a content library of documents and materials that effectively communicate LCV’s work to donors, creating and updating reports that track fundraising progress, tailoring donor communications and proposals, updating database records, and other duties as assigned. This position will report to the Senior Director of Development Partnerships and will be based in Washington, D.C.
• Create and maintain an internal content library of documents and materials to be used in donor visits, proposals, and other donor communications.
• Create and manage a Major Gifts team calendar that will help the team plan and prepare for year-round cultivation and stewardship opportunities.
• Assist Major Gifts staff with list and portfolio management tasks including creating and pulling donor lists and reports from Salesforce, maintaining donor records, and updating other tracking documents.
• Record and submit financial expenditures, including reimbursements, credit card reconciliation, and travel expenses.
• Contribute to organizational and department efforts to infuse racial justice and equity into all aspects of our work, including our fundraising.
• Assist with the creation of personalized emails, thank you notes, letters and proposals to donors and prospects.
• Ensure donor portfolio records are current with all necessary and pertinent information, and input contacts and actions into database in a timely manner.
• Assist with signature donor events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience working directly for someone in senior leadership in an organization; experience doing so in a non-profit, political organization or campaign preferred; relevant internship experience combined with other work experience may be considered.
• Skills: Highly attentive to details and able to take ownership of routine tasks. Strong written and oral communications skills, and excellent skills in word processing, spreadsheets and databases; knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential and experience with Salesforce or a similar database is a plus. Adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data.
• Capabilities: Extremely well organized; solid judgment; self-starter, critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; works well in a fast-paced environment; ability to handle multiple tasks and work for several people; plans ahead and can see the big picture.
• Other Traits: Honest, and trustworthy; capable of handling confidential information with the utmost discretion. Optimism and a proven interest in politics and meaningful social change. Is commited to environmental protection and mission of LCV. Also, brings a great sense of humor to the team.
• Cultural Competence: Shares LCV’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do, and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
• Work Conditions: Must be willing and able to work occasional overtime as needed.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace
Full Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Major Gifts Associate” in the subject line by August 15, 2018. No phone calls please.