Details: 8-12 hours/week, $15-18/hour, with potential for a performance-based bonus
520 3rd Street
Do you want to support thousands of people in rural Central America who are protecting the environment and building healthier, stronger communities? Are you well organized and comfortable with technology? Do you have experience with managing donor databases or CRMs?
If so, you could be the right fit for EcoViva’s Development and Administrative Assistant position.
EcoViva supports community-led social justice movements in Central America implementing innovative solutions to poverty, environmental degradation, and climate change. We work with nonprofits in El Salvador and Honduras working to improve local livelihoods through activities such as organic farming, disaster preparedness, youth leadership, and the protection of Central America’s largest mangrove forest. We provide funding, technical assistance, and alliance-building support to ensure that the voices and concerns of local people are heard by national and international policy makers.
With three full-time staff members, a consultant based in El Salvador, a strong board of directors and volunteer base, and an annual budget of just under $500,000, the organization has built a solid track record of programmatic and policy successes. We’re looking for the right person to support this team.
- Oversee database management and protocols
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into contact management database
- Prepare thank you letters and payment receipts for donors and program participants
- Export data and provide administrative coordination for mailings
- Maintain all office systems and organizational filing systems
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Order office supplies and equipment as needed
Finance and Administrative Support
- Submit bills and other accounts payable to bookkeeper to ensure payment in a timely manner
- Deposit funds received
- Track deadlines for and complete Federal, State, and Municipal registration forms
- Support the Executive Director with administrative tasks as needed (for example: audit preparation, special events, and logistics)
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Prior administrative experience at a nonprofit organization preferred
- Experience working with a donor database (eTapestry, Salesforce, GiftWorks, etc)
- Comfort with Excel and Microsoft Office programs, including mail merge
- Basic understanding of nonprofit fundraising
- Basic computer troubleshooting for PC and Mac
- Ability to prioritize among multiple responsibilities
- Great organizational skills
- Initiative, discretion, and good judgement
- Passion for furthering the mission of our organization
Reports to: Communications and Outreach Manager
Status: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt position; 8-12 hours per week
Wages: $15-$18/hour, with potential for performance based bonus
The position is based in our Oakland, California office close to Jack London Square.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - proficient
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 23. Please include “Development and Administrative Assistant Search” in the subject line. Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States.