Details: Salary commensurate with experience
The Hope for Depression Research Foundation, is a 501(c)(3) public non-profit organization founded in 2006 to fund advanced scientific research into the origins, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of depression and its related mood and other emotional disorders – bipolar disorder, dysthymia, postpartum depression, post-traumatic stress syndrome, anxiety disorder and suicide. With its pioneering Depression Task Force of top brain scientists, HDRF is a recognized leader in depression research. HDRF now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Database and Development Associate to provide support to the Foundation and work with a staff of four. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will interact in a fast-paced, corporate environment with the Foundation Chairman, board members, international neuroscientists, as well as the public.
Development Duties Include:
· Manage database of HDRF contacts -- donors, grantees, and other constituencies.
· Ensure that donors' records are accurate in Raiser's Edge and maintain data integrity and adhere to HDRF standards.
· Manage RSVP lists and assist with planning for special events, fundraisers, and seminars.
· Prepare acknowledgment letters.
· Maintain a positive, "donor focused" mentality and build relationships with key constituents.
· Help coordinate agendas and information packets for periodic meetings of board and research scientists.
· Maintain the foundation’s physical/electronic filing systems and supply closet.
· Support the Executive Director with administrative duties such as Fedex shipments, courier service, processing invoices, scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.
· Responsible for preparing PowerPoint slides and making presentations
· Coordinate with IT department on all foundation office equipment and supplies
· Manage relationships with vendors, subscriptions, and service providers, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
· Manage contract and price negotiations with foundation vendors and service providers
· Responsible for preparing monthly revenue reports and reconciling them with gift reports generated by bookkeeping department.
- College degree.
- Minimum 2 years of previous database and development experience.
- Excellent command of office technology including Microsoft Word, Excel. Raiser’s Edge experience required.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over the phone, via email and in written correspondence.
- Must be customer service oriented and being a “people” person is required.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions independently; ability to collaborate with others as part of teams.
- Ability to interface with high-level, international contacts & high-profile individuals.
- Must be naturally detail-oriented.
- Experience supporting a senior level Executive is required.
- Experience with event/meeting coordination is preferred
- Passion for the HDRF mission to fund cutting-edge neuroscience in the field of depression.
Excellent benefits including health, vision and dental and retirement investment plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com