10 Fawcett Street
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
About Resource Development
Accion’s resource development has a solid track record of fundraising results largely generated through corporate and foundation donors including the MasterCard Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Credit Suisse, MetLife, and Citi Foundations. Over the last years, the organization has expanded its resource development strategies targeting more corporate partnerships and has begun focusing on public and multi-lateral institutions. The Resource Development Team includes fundraising professionals with expertise in grant-writing, events, retail fundraising and communications
The Specialist will be responsible for renewing and expanding the pool of individual donors and prospects at the $1-4,999 range and for coordinating events for the Resource Development department. The Specialist works closely with all members of the Individual Giving and Operations team, and will manage the donor events schedule for the department. S/he will build and maintain strong relationships with the Communications and programs teams, and will contribute to the overall growth of Accion’s individual giving program, supporting the department’s overall goals.
- In collaboration with the Individual Giving team, develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to increase annual cash giving through solicitation, recognition and stewardship of individual giving donors at the retail level through direct mail and online campaigns, as it relates to renewals, upgrades, and acquisitions of donors.
- In collaboration with the team, support the creation of a robust leadership giving society for donors at the $1,000 - $4,999 level:
- Track individual donors and progress towards goal increasing base level of donors at this level from 125 in 2017 to 200 in 2020 (with interim annual goals).
- Vertically integrate the $1K+ recognition level stewardship processes with both the annual fund and major gifts ($5K+) portfolios to promote seamless donor transition and upward movement.
- Facilitate the production of promotional collateral/materials (print and electronic) to promote the leadership giving level.
- Design and implement engagement strategies for cultivation of leadership giving prospects/donors.
- Explore the creation of a volunteer leadership committee for the $1K+ recognition society.
- Monitor annual giving donor activity to identify new $1K+ level prospects.
- Build relationships with current and potential donors.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of 100 prospects.
- Conduct 6-8 meetings (in person or phone) per month to secure and renew $1K+ donors.
- Schedule and staff prospect visits and events with key Accion staff and volunteers as needed.
- Manage events for the Resource Development team.
- Develop invitation lists from various sources including collating lists from event hosts and sponsors, determining criteria for RE queries, proactive compilation of donors and prospects from prior events, lists and other volunteer leadership.
- Prepare event agenda overview; prepare briefing bios prepared on attendees and distribute to stakeholders, including staffing assignments of select attendees.
- Coordinate follow-up between appropriate team members.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Generally 5 years of fundraising experience
- Strategic and entrepreneurial thinker
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Knowledge of marketing and soliciting leadership gifts
- Volunteer management and event experience are expected
- Must be a team player who is highly motivated and dedicated to the goals of advancing social change
- Proficiency with Raisers Edge or other fundraising software highly desirable
- Travel and occasional evening and weekend work are required
- Interested in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our website: https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1882/individual-giving-specialist/job