GHC is looking for a talented and fresh multi-disciplinary Designer to join our global team. You have a keen design eye, a passion for delivering impact through creative visuals, and the strong groundwork for a killer print and digital design portfolio. You are entrepreneurial—hungry for a range of opportunities to cut your teeth as a social-impact designer, learning from colleagues and collaborating across a global, mission-driven, and fast-paced team. You are highly detail oriented and able to execute on several projects at once, with the ability to communicate clearly and ask questions needed in order to keep the trains moving. You are a self-starter, staying current with emergent trends and platforms and taking the initiative to create branding and design innovations. But you are also an excellent listener and learner, with the humility and customer service approach to understand the needs of our team and support them in a timely manner.
If you’re passionate about our vision for new global health leadership and want to be part of the movement for health equity, bringing your technical excellence and keen design eye to further our impact, let’s talk! We thrive in challenging situations, where our task is to do what hasn’t been done and where we must dismantle or rebuild systems that propagate inefficiency and inequity. We have the vision to think big, and the resilience and can-do attitude to do what it takes to get there. You should too. The Designer sits on GHC’s Communications Team, reporting to the Vice President of Strategy and Communications, while collaborating closely with colleagues across teams in all GHC countries of operation.
Global Health Corps
Global Health Corps (GHC) is building a new generation of global health leadership. We believe that solving the world’s most pressing global health challenges requires better and more connected leaders who are able to work across traditional boundaries like geography, sector, and issue area to engineer stronger global health systems. We need more than clinicians and providers; we need management consultants, engineers, artists, and architects. We need new leadership voices and new perspectives, especially those representing the populations most often left out and unheard.
GHC competitively recruits and selects emerging leaders from around the world who represent a wide range of skillsets and areas of expertise, all of which are critical to rebuilding and strengthening health systems. GHC is developing a cadre of health equity leaders through a unique leadership development program that utilizes experiential and formal learning methods.
Through a one-year fellowship program, fellows address a wide-range of health issues with high-impact grassroots organizations, NGOs, and ministries of health in Rwanda, Malawi, Uganda, Zambia, and the United States. Fellowship positions are demand-driven, ensuring that our fellows fill real-time health systems gaps and serve to amplify the great work already in progress. Placement organizations benefit from the skills and energy of fellows, as well as the support of GHC. We are building a network of young changemakers who share the common belief that health is a human right.
- Execute print and digital design, including web banners, newsletter templates, print marketing materials, info and social media graphics for a range of audiences, including fellow recruitment, donors, and the GHC leadership community
- Design the GHC annual report and other select external collateral
- Manage GHC’s suite of branded templates and ensure external materials align with branding and style guidelines
- Manage GHC’s Flickr page and serve as point on photography and video for GHC
- Project manage the execution of a range of design projects, sometimes simultaneously, collaborating across teams and communicating to keep all parties in the loop
- Create fresh and beautiful design deliverables in a fast-paced work environment
- Provide additional ad hoc input and support as needed across GHC’s print, digital, and experiential learning platforms (including GHC website, leadership curriculum, and social media)
- Collaborate across all GHC teams to gain a deep understanding of our model, program, and vision and discern how best to visualize these aspects externally in an impactful way
- Compelling design portfolio that demonstrates versatility and creativity
- Demonstrated understanding of design fundamentals (color, form, type, layout)
- Ability to quickly refine prototypes both in context and remotely; working collaboratively with non-designers and designers alike
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and PowerPoint
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated interest in social impact design and design thinking
- Creative, innovative, and boundary-pushing mindset
- Pre-press print knowledge is a plus
- Basic photography and videography skills; basic video editing knowledge a plus
- Basic knowledge of Wordpress CMS a plus
- Ability to translate data and information into clear, compelling visuals
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
In addition to your resume and cover letter, please submit 2-3 samples of designed work, or a link to your portfolio website.
Please visit our website to view all our available positions. https://jobs.lever.co/ghcorps