The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Membership Specialist. The Membership Specialist is responsible for planning and implementing membership acquisitions and renewals, strategies to increase new members. The position is also responsible for developing one-on-one relationships with members, including identifying unique member needs, determining program priorities and assessing overall level of engagement/satisfaction. The individual recommends new programs and benefits to meet the needs of OSA Membership program.
The position is further responsible for engaging with key internal stakeholders (as needed) for purposes of pursing recruitment strategies and/or sharing relevant membership intelligence.
Membership Acquisitions & Retention
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive membership acquisition and retention strategy plan to recruit new members to OSA and retain existing members.
2. Identify high-value sales territory, channels, and prospects to meet membership and revenue targets, in collaboration with stakeholders.
3. Responsible for communicating to current and potential members via telephone calls (outbound and inbound calls), direct mail, social media interactions, and email communication.
4. Assesses existing benefits and member survey data on an ongoing basis, and makes recommendations for benefits relevant to specific membership categories.
5. Executes on global membership campaigns that meet diverse needs in all parts of the world, supporting their efforts to increase and retain members in all populations.
6. Partners with teams across the Society to create a member experience from student through emeritus member category.
7. Responsible for overall renewals of member program portfolio. Partners with stakeholders to ensure a smooth renewal process, and meeting member targets / revenue.
8. Responsible for oversight of CTAs (automated email marketing campaigns) for 150, 120, 90, 45, 10, 5, 0, +30, +60, +180, +360-day marketing efforts, as well as Happy 1-Year Anniversary and Welcome acquisition email marketing efforts.
9. Manages weekly/monthly acquisition mailings to participants of (1) We Are On series (2) OSA Meetings (3) OSA Programs/Workshops.
10. Responsible for Journal subscription renewal emails 1 & 2 to select members with expiring subscriptions.
11. Oversees their assigned programs for quality and accuracy of member communications
Membership Data Reporting and Administration
1 Coordinates with Membership Team to track member performance and ensure accurate records are maintained for all Membership initiatives.
2 Responsible for monthly reporting, Membership Programs Dashboard, Point-in-Time Dashboard and member drop process.
3 Responsible for Membership mailings, emails and other communications (e.g., production oversight).
4 Oversees Member Onboarding, analysis data and comes up with recommendations.
5 Responsible for member kits for new joins and renewals and quarterly member survey.
6. Assists with content updates to OSA web sites.
7. Helps prepare for Board meetings. Assists with post-meeting follow-up.
8. Oversees the management and efficiency of the membership module within OSA’s CRM database (member communications, reports, member totals and updates.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree required
2. Four to six years’ experience in membership recruitment
3. Three years of association or related experience working with volunteer committees and volunteer association governance
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
3. Ability to meet production deadlines while maintaining cooperative attitude and flexibility with multiple priorities.
4. Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently required.
5. Interest in science preferred.
6. Strong customer service orientation required.
7. Excellent English writing and grammatical skills required.
8. Must perform consistently well under pressure and be able to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines at once.
9. Consistent and thorough attention to detail.
OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Membership Specialist. The Membership Specialist is responsible for planning and implementing membership acquisitions and renewals, strategies to increase new members. The position is also…