Details: Program runs July 17th through November 9th, $4,250 Monthly
Jolt Action is seeking a well-organized and goal orientated Canvass Director for the 2018 cycle. In 2018, Jolt Action will run an extensive field program to turn out millennial Latinos in the midterm election. The Canvass Director will manage the day-to-day operations of the paid canvass team. The Canvass Director is expected to ensure that our canvass team achieves the benchmarks and execute Jolt Action’s electoral campaign plan. The Canvass Director is expected to act with appropriate discretion and respect for confidentiality requirements. This position reports to the Civic Engagement Director.
Based in Dallas, Texas
Program runs July 17th through November 9th
- Strategic planning assistance – support development of campaign plan (electoral and issue campaigns), providing technical and organizing assistance
- Support tracking organizational benchmarks and course correction problem solving
- Work with partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance contact programs
- Support the creation and development of written reports
- Build a team of 15-20 canvassers by recruiting from within the local community. Identify and interview prospective staff and help make hiring decisions
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the paid canvas team
- Training the basics of canvassing and work with your staff in individual and group settings to cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively by making and meeting team goals.
- Strong management skills
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and Google Docs.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills
- Strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) skills.
- Must be a self-starter; willing to work long, irregular hours and weekends.
- Ideal candidates will have one to three years of experience in progressive political campaigns or similar organizations. Ideal candidates will be familiar with paid canvass operations.
- Candidates should have a diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Level of Language Proficiency
- Preferred - Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Minimum Education Required