Details: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), flexible work location/schedule, and generous paid time off.
Rocketship Public Schools (www.rsed.org) is a network of public K through 5 charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than education students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship schools are located in the Bay Area, Nashville, Milwaukee, and Washington, DC but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We’re opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
The Credential Analyst will be responsible for expertise on the most up to date credentialing requirements for TN, CA, WI, and DC. This person will analyze credentialing status of new hires, submit appropriate paperwork to the state, update current databases, and create tracking systems to ensure that Rocketship is fully compliant in all regions. The Credential Analyst will work with a variety of stakeholders to ensure a clear and well executed credentialing pathway for teachers including the Recruitment Team, Talent Team, and Human Resources.
- Policy and Research:
- Research and document credentialing state laws for TN, WI, CA, and DC. This includes licensing requirements for General Ed Teachers, Special Ed Teachers, EL Endorsement, licensing levels, etc.
- Stay up to date on new state provisions regarding credentialing and provide consistent communication with stakeholders on any pertinent updates
- Tracking and Database:
- Create and support current tracking systems to ensure timely notification of credential requirements and paperwork to teachers as well as on time submission to the state
- Maintain database to ensure most up to date information on each teacher?s credentialing status including tests passed, current license on file, missing documents, etc.
- Identify need for new systems or system improvement, and communication Analysis of Credential Needs and Progress
- Analyze credentialing status of potential new hires to determine whether we are able to provide them a teaching offer
- Analyze credentialing status of all Rocketship teachers and communicate next steps (ie. apply for out out of state license transfer, take additional credentialing tests, etc.
- Credential Applications, Documentation, and Compliance:
- Verify completion of requirements by teachers and gather correct paperwork to submit to the state and ensure full compliance, including license renewals
- Submit all paperwork to the state in a timely manner to ensure that all teachers are eligible to be in the classroom by the first day of school
- Maintain relationships with external stakeholders including authorizers
- Prepare for credentialing audits to ensure Rocketship is in full compliance and proactively problem solve any potential credentialing issues
- Communication of credential expectations and progress:
- Maintain relationships with teachers, principals, and relevant staff to ensure proactive and consistent communication of credential requirements as well as clear instructions for teachers on how to meet these expectations
- Track record of developing and maintaining highly effective systems and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Proficiency and comfort with technology (databases, excel, Googledocs)
- Willingness to travel on occasion
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working with credentialing in a school system strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), flexible work location/schedule, and generous paid time off.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website at: www.rocketshipschools.org
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools’ employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy and here for our Title IX Policy. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), cell phone reimbursement and paid time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To submit your online application please visit our website at: https://jobs.lever.co/rocketship?department=Network%20Support