JOB TITLE: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Development Director
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-Time, Salary
EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/1/19
The Development Coordinator role is responsible for administrative functions that enable the fundraising and donor care functions of Tree House. These functions are essential to ensure strong donor relationships, to facilitate financial accountability and to ensure long-term organizational sustainability.
The Development department’s key accountability is to meet or exceed annual fundraising goals as set in the fiscal year’s budget. The Development Coordinator will oversee all gift processing, tracking, and acknowledgement functions, will manage CRM (Salesforce) functions including ongoing database updates, reports and campaign dashboards, and will support direct mail campaigns, two smaller in-house mail campaigns and all online giving campaigns. The Coordinator will support special events in several ways including mailing list creation, sponsor and attendee administration and digital and print media; and will oversee Tree House retail ordering, inventory, and reporting.
The Coordinator will assist in administrative duties relating to grant funders, and will equip and enable volunteers in several of the above areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Gift Processing, Tracking, and Acknowledgement (40%)
- Enters all donations in a timely and accurate manner. Trains and supervises volunteers to assist.
- Completes accurate and appropriate gift acknowledgement for broad base, mid-level, and major donations.
- Create CRM dashboards and reports to track campaigns, events, individual giving, board giving, and other metrics as needed.
- Provide info to help staff address donor concerns.
- Retrieves and processes all third-party gift information.
- Distributes in-kind gifts to program staff when appropriate.
- Liaises with Finance Manager when appropriate.
Campaign Support (20%)
- Facilitate direct mail campaigns by assisting in mailing list creation and segmentation, in partnership with our direct mail partner. Do cross-reporting with our partner to assess efforts and results of direct mail campaigns.
- Manage and help assess Sponsor Cat and Membership in-house mail campaigns, assigning volunteers to do most of the work.
- Implement digital elements (landing pages, donation pages, mass emails, response emails) for all giving campaigns, partnering with direct mail partner to use the design components they provide.
- Carries out other duties as assigned, including projects within new fundraising campaigns.
Event Support (20%)
- Administer sponsor registration, benefits and acknowledgments
- Manage attendee registration and acknowledgements
- Manage digital and print media event elements including landing and registration pages, invitations, signage and other collateral.
- Assist with sponsorship sourcing and applications.
Retail Coordination (10%)
- Manage or delegate retail ordering and processing/display.
- Track all sales, inventory, and provide regular reporting.
- Manage special sales as well as retail selling during events.
- Update online catalog and fulfill online orders as needed.
Grants & Other Duties (10%)
Participates actively in internal grant meetings and activities, providing administrative support as needed and requested.
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities. However, the Development Coordinator will liaise with third party vendors, department and event volunteers, and may interface with interns.
- Communication - Expresses self--orally and in writing--in a manner that is clear, well organized and appropriate to the situation. Uses appropriate grammar, punctuation/spelling, and tone. Listens carefully and sincerely considers others' ideas. Maintains confidentiality and expresses good judgment about what to say and when to say it. Keeps others informed appropriately.
- Customer Service - Treats customers (internal and external) with respect and courtesy. Shows interest in, anticipates, and responds timely to customer needs and concerns. Goes beyond basic service expectations to help customers. Responds appropriately to and resolves difficult and emotional situations. Seeks ways to improve service delivery.
- Diversity - Enthusiastically works with all employees, regardless of race, gender, culture, and age. Values contributions of people from diverse backgrounds. Demonstrates respect for opinions and ideas of others. Shows awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and individual values.
- Judgment - Gathers data and others' input as appropriate when making decisions and handling diverse situations. Considers cost, organizational resources, and efficiency, as well as both long- and short-term outcomes. Can explain rationale for a decision. Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly. Recognizes when to consult higher level management.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes factors or causes. Generates and evaluates alternative solutions. Implements plan to solve problem. Assesses effectiveness of intervention.
- Adjustment Style: Open to feedback and constructive input. Comfortable and quick to embrace new schedules, methods, and systems.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university in business administration, marketing and communications, or a related field.
- Computer skills required: Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Salesforce experience a plus.
Other skills required:
- At least two years of experience in the not-for-profit sector, fundraising, or marketing, or comparable experience in the for-profit sector.
- Possession of a valid Illinois driver’s license and driving record is deemed acceptable by Tree House Humane Society’s insurance carrier.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, deadline oriented, and strong attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills and ability to generate data that is useful for broader audiences.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate fundraising, volunteer, and external events and meetings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Work is completed in an office environment within an animal shelter.
- We offer a compensation package that includes employer-paid health and generous leave policies. Employees are eligible for group dental and life insurance.
- Salary range for this position is $30,000-$35,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit resume and cover letter by 10/21/2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Coordinator.” Please indicate in your email where you heard of the position opening.
- No phone calls please.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.