HIAS seeks a temporary Director, Digital Engagement to support implementation of high impact communications strategies to establish and maintain relationships with donors, advocates, and other constituents and engage them in the HIAS mission via digital platforms. This role is also responsible for managing online fundraising and advocacy campaigns and other communications projects. This is a temporary position that ends on August 31, 2021.
- Work with development team and outside vendors to execute online fundraising campaigns to increase support for HIAS.
- Manage integrated multi-media communications strategy and projects for stakeholders including Community Engagement, Development, Advocacy, Volunteer Program, and Domestic and International Programs teams. Contribute to strategy for website, email, social media and PR.
- Manage HIAS’ interdepartmental outward communications calendar.
- Collaborate on HIAS’ social media and digital marketing initiatives; assure that messaging and programming priorities and campaigns are well represented.
- Assist with maintenance of HIAS.org website to ensure it reflects communications priorities and helps expand and engage key audiences.
- Supervise graphic designers and design projects for campaigns, social media, email, website and print.
- Participate in preparing, writing and editing materials for campaigns across messaging platforms.
- Share metrics with key stakeholders in order to improve impact and results.
- Work with domestic and international staff to assess and meet their traditional and digital communications needs in order to foster greater understanding of and support for HIAS’ programs and mission.
- Consult on PR strategy, web design, and video production work on an ongoing basis, and other special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area and 7-10 years of experience in digital communications and/or fundraising required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Proven track record in management of online fundraising, communications or advocacy program. Previous leadership in at least one of these online program areas preferred.
- Ability to lead teams, engage volunteers and work collaboratively with professional peers and lay leaders.
- Excellent planning and conceptualization skills. Ability to set goals, assess risks, measure impact and supervise program implementation.
- Excellent spoken and written English required.
- Proficient and compelling writer, editor, and electronic communicator.
- Familiarity with project management software, such as Monday, Jira, Basecamp, etc.
- Creative problem solver and self-starter, with commitment to professional excellence. Flexibility and sense of humor appreciated.
- Experience in cross cultural or international programs, familiarity with refugee and resettlement issues and commitment to HIAS’ mission.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religious creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, age, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.