Project for Public Spaces (PPS) is seeking an Administrative Associate to help manage our day to day operations. As the first point of contact for office visitors and clients, the Administrative Associate will also provide event support, database management, office calendar maintenance, and general office assistance.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Serve as first point of contact for the organization and perform general administration tasks for the front desk, including directing and responding to all calls and email inquiries.
- Schedule, organize, audit, and record minutes for all Board of Directors, senior project management, and staff meetings. Organize small in-house events including brown bag lunch presentations, international delegation visits, and bi-weekly staff happy hours.
- Process new business inquiries and refer clients to appropriate staff members or teams, and manage speaking engagement contracts. Maintain databases that track project development progress, speaking engagements, and office visits. Assist staff with travel logistics for projects and out-of-office engagements.
- Assist with communications tasks and mailings. Copyedit reports, proposals, letters, and other written materials.
- Assist Education Manager with administration, logistics, and implementation of in-house trainings, such as “Making It Happen” and “How To Create Successful Markets.” Respond to inquiries about PPS’s internship program, and assist in the program’s administration.
- Take on additional tasks as determined by your skills and interests, and as directed by Senior Management.
- Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a plus
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Superior organization skills
- Interest or experience in placemaking, urban studies, and/or nonprofit management preferred
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite; familiarity with Adobe Suite preferred
Please note: Project for Public Spaces is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veterans status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2018.