Quality & Technology Initiatives Coordinator
- Job posted by Community Health Care Association of New York State
The mission of the Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS) is to ensure that all New Yorkers, including those who are medically underserved, have continuous access to high quality community-based health care services including a primary care home. To do this, CHCANYS serves as the voice of community health centers as leading providers of primary health care in New York State. CHCANYS is a dynamic, team-oriented, 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that advocates on behalf of and provides technical assistance to federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) throughout New York State.
CHCANYS is New York State’s Primary Care Association, comprised of all of the FQHCs and look-alikes in New York State. In the past eight years, CHCANYS has experienced significant growth and now includes nationally recognized programs in health policy, quality improvement, health information technology, health system planning, and training and technical assistance.
CHCANYS is seeking a Health Care Quality & Technology Initiatives (QTI) Coordinator to join the growing team serving FQHCs across New York State. The Quality & Technology Initiatives (QTI) Coordinator will provide administrative support to CHCANYS program staff and practice facilitators. Additionally, in collaboration with the QTI team and other key department staff, the QTI Coordinator will assist with the development and implementation of Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) programs and services that align with current grants and initiatives and address FQHC needs. The QTI Coordinator will be based out of CHCANYS New York City office. The individual must be self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills, exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask. The individual must possess the ability to work with a diverse group of people in a collaborative/team environment. Occasional travel in the Greater New York City region and throughout the state may be required (10%).
- Provide coordination and administrative support for the day-to-day functions of the QTI team in delivering T/TA programs and services, including:
-Scheduling meetings, and preparing meeting materials and minutes
-Coordinating and supporting T/TA webinars, conference calls, committee meetings, face-to-face trainings, and practice facilitation site visits
- Maintaining QTI contacts, listserves, and blast lists
- Manage and maintain data on FQHCs including current status on various initiatives (e.g., PCMH, MU) and participation in CHCANYS grants and TA activities
- Assist with running reports from the Center for Primary Care Informatics (CPCI) statewide data warehouse to contribute to planning and delivery of TA services
- Collaborate with QTI team and leadership to coordinate content and workshops for the annual CHCANYS conference
- Contribute to and coordinate communications with FQHCs and other external stakeholders, including information, resources, and opportunities shared via “Your CHCANYS” (biweekly e-newsletter) and/or the CHCANYS website
- Review of current and emerging literature relevant to quality improvement and health IT
- Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill CHCANYS mission
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years professional experience in a related field
- Experience with project coordination/management
- Ability to multi-task and manage a heavy workload
- High degree of independence, flexibility, initiative and commitment
- Ability to organize and coordinate various activities
- Attention to details and a focus on quality work
- Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse people
- Demonstrated awareness of and value of cultural competence
- Knowledge of primary health care delivery system desirable
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be willing to travel as required
The QTI Coordinator must display sound judgment, relate well to the public and staff, have a professional demeanor, prioritize customer satisfaction and be well organized.
CHCANYS offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. CHCANYS is an equal opportunity employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and two writing samples with title “QTI Coordinator” in subject line to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.