The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator of Signature Events who will be responsible for the development and implementation of the fundraising plan to ensure the financial success of the new Parkinson’s Foundation Moving Day-Your Way Walk Program. The ideal candidate will also assist with fundraising priorities including Moving Day corporate teams, volunteer outreach and stewardship.
ABOUT MOVING DAY-YOUR WAY WALK PROGRAM:
Parkinson’s Foundation Moving Day-Your Way is a new volunteer-led walk program that raises awareness and funds to fight Parkinson’s disease. Volunteer walk leaders set a goal, create a fundraising page and take it upon themselves to reach out to friends and family to raise money for the Parkinson’s Foundation. The Foundation will provide tools to help supporters create and manage their walk via support from the Coordinator, Signature Events.
- Achieve fundraising goals for the Moving Day-Your Way Walk Program.
- Directly support volunteer walk leaders via phone and email.
- Drive volunteer and event retention through stewardship and a high level of customer support.
- Partner with National Signature Events team to create and improve walk materials. Utilize materials to drive walk program standards and increase revenue.
- Develop and conduct training for volunteers.
- Order supplies, run reports and conduct other services related activities.
- Work closely with National Signature Events team providing frequent status updates
- Evaluate walk program for effectiveness and make recommendations for continuation
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and minimum of 2 years of experience in management of walk-based fundraising in a non-profit setting, preferably in a staff role
- Proven experience with peer-to-peer fundraising
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to volunteer leaders, participants as well as business and social leaders
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Demonstrated expertise recruiting and managing volunteers
- Proven and significant skills in planning and budgeting
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge, Convio and WordPress preferred
- Proficient in Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Ability to work a variety of hours including days, nights, and weekends
- Physical activity is required on occasion and may include long hours of standing and walking and some lifting/carrying of materials/supplies up to 35 pounds
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Salary for this full-time position is competitive and depends on prior experience. No benefits included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate, “Coordinator, Signature Events” in the subject line. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.