2110 STORY RD
We believe that all children have a fundamental right to an excellent education.
Alpha Public Schools will ensure that all of our scholars develop the academic skills and leadership habits required to succeed in college and live with integrity.
- Alpha: Blanca Alvarado (5th-8th grade)
- Alpha: Jose Hernandez (5th-8th grade)
- Alpha: Cindy Avitia (9th-12th grade)
Are you passionate about meeting the needs of a wide-range of students? Do you enjoy running intervention groups to support the the academic needs of struggling students? Do you enjoy analyzing and tracking student progress with data? Are you reliable and disciplined enough to make sure the most important work of increasing student achievement gets done?
If so, Alpha’s Learning Coach role may be just what you’re looking for. As the Learning Coach, you will join the instructional team of one of our school sites and be responsible for providing small group intervention support to our most struggling students and English Language learners. Alpha is at a critical moment - in order to keep the promises we have made to our families, we must build the intervention and remediation systems and structures to support our struggling learners and ensure they are making significant gains toward the promise of college. You will play a major role in this work.
This role is full-time, hourly and reports to Assistant Principal of Instruction.
What you’ll do…
- Schedule multiple small intervention groups of struggling learners and English learners throughout the day
- Execute an enrichment class as an extension activity for Alpha students
- Analyze data regularly to track student intervention progress and collaborate with the Director of Student Supports modify programming as needed
- Collaborate with teachers and SLTs to support remediation plans to drive SBAC outcomes
- Participate actively in all site meetings and professional development, meaningfully contributing to team goals and organizational priorities
- Support school leadership teams with supervision
You are good at…
- Implementing Feedback: You crave feedback to drive your improvement and have the capacity to receive feedback, implement effectively, and grow quickly
- Relationship Management: You assume the best about your teammates, you communicate well, and listen/dive into concerns
- Problem Solving: You look at a situation, and the accompanying data, and work with others to make an action plan to target a desired outcome
- Managing Students: You have experience working with students in a small or large group setting, and you are comfortable building strong, accountable relationships
You really set yourself apart by being…
- A reliable, hard worker
- Genuine, humble, and passionate about the work
- An excellent listener who effectively implements feedback
- A thoughtful contributor to the team
- A Spanish speaker
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required