Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
186 Alewife Brook Parkway
The Metro North Regional Employment Board (REB) is a public-private partnership whose mission is to enable area residents to gain skills that will maximize their economic self-sufficiency and to provide employers with the workforce they need to effectively compete in the changing world economy. The Metro North REB is located in Cambridge, MA. To learn more, visit www.mnreb.org.
The Vice President of Finance reports to the REB President/Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for administering and managing the financial and accounting systems and functions of the Metro North Regional Employment Board, which has a $9 million budget. The VP of Finance will manage a team including two other accounting professionals. This is a hands-on role that requires meaningful involvement in day-to-day transaction processing as well as financial oversight and forecasting. The REB’s fiscal function includes corporate nonprofit accounting and reporting, full-cycle grant accounting and reporting (state, federal, and private funding sources), accounting for sub-recipient awards and budgets, and sub-recipient monitoring.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Oversee and monitor the REB’s fiscal operations to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of financial recordkeeping and reporting.
· Implement financial, accounting and budget systems that promote financial stability and are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Uniform Guidance Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, Audit Requirements, and federal and state regulations and guidelines.
· Prepare agency and program budgets and financial reports.
· Establish systems and procedures that preserve the safety and integrity of the REB’s financial and payroll records.
· Supervise the fiscal team, set departmental goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that organizational objectives and operating requirements are met.
· Ensure compliance with REB’s fiscal monitoring and auditing requirements.
· Recommend, plan, and implement enhancements to fiscal processes and collaborate with REB colleagues to manage change.
· Responsible for all activities involved with fiscal monitoring and auditing.
· Participate in and nurture alliances with workforce system peers, consultants, vendors, auditors, and others to ensure highly productive relationships and partnerships.
· Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, designing systems, accumulating resources, resolving problems, and implementing change when indicated.
· Identify and evaluate fiscal department accounting cycles, work flows, and assignment of duties.
· Report and share information with the Finance Committee and full Board of Directors.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), nonprofit and grant accounting procedures, cost allocation principles, and Uniform Guidance Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements required.
· Extensive experience with budgeting and allocation of expenses related to state and federal grants required.
· Knowledge of Massachusetts and federal workforce development systems and funding sources desirable.
· Experience working with accounting and budgeting related to fund raising desirable.
· Minimum of 7 years of senior level fiscal management, accounting, budgeting or related experience that includes staff supervision.
· Experience with accounting software, e.g., Sage or equivalent, required.
· Creative, forward-thinking, problem-solver with relationship-building skills as well as expert technical/analytical skills, including evaluation and reporting.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to take initiative.
· Skilled at motivating teams and providing staff supervision, along with essential technical expertise.
Excellent benefits including Health Care, Dental. Life Insurance, short-term and long-term Disability, 403(b) plan, Holiday, Sick and Vacation time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please outline how your experience matches with the required experience listed including your 1) knowledge of the workforce development system and funders, 2) experience with allocations of expenses related to state and federal grants including managing indirect costs , and 3) specific accounting software experience.
No telephone calls please.
Position open until filled.