Details: $10168 - $11168 per year
Requisition ID: req2880
Job Title: Program Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
Background/IRC Summary: The IRC is one of the leading providers of high quality programming for refugees resettling to the United States. The mission of the IRC's US Programs (USP) Department is to create opportunities for refugees to survive and thrive in America. In 25 cities across the country, USP offers support in areas ranging from health and education to advocacy and legal services. The IRC is committed to developing innovative programs that respond to refugees' unique challenges and needs, using our learning and experience to shape policy and practice, and highlighting and promoting best practices in refugee service provision.
Job Overview/Summary: The International Rescue Committee is seeking a Program Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) for an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) program to equip ORR-funded state refugee programs and ORR-funded refugee service providers with the specialized technical assistance (TA), resources and training needed to appropriately address barriers that refugees may encounter while trying to access community-based services, education, employment, and specialized care. Technical assistance will be delivered in the program sectors of: employment and other economic empowerment, trauma-informed refugee health, refugee child and family wellbeing, education, monitoring and evaluation, and community integration, among others. The Program Officer, M&E will be responsible for finalizing and implementing the M&E plan, conducting project needs assessments, conducting ongoing M&E, managing project data, ensuring data is used to inform project plans, and reporting.
Ongoing project M&E
- Establish a coordinated M&E system in line with the RTAP M&E plan:
o Develop data collection tools to monitor achievement of outputs, outcomes, and objectives, as well as key assumptions outlined in the project logframe, in consultation with key project staff and subject matter experts (SMEs) as appropriate.
o Establish internal excel database to support efficient, accurate data management, reporting and data analysis.
- Track all project outputs, outcomes and objectives against targets.
- Ensure consistent use of data collection and reporting tools by key project staff and SMEs; monitor data quality and follow-up on issues identified.
- Lead annual evaluation in consultation with key project staff and SMEs.
- Alert Director to any necessary target amendments or changes to M&E plan or tools in a timely manner.
- Facilitate quarterly data analysis and action planning meetings to ensure project is on track and support provision of data-driven TA services.
- Ensure all internal M&E activities are consistent with the cooperative agreement and receive appropriate approvals from ORR when needed.
- Compile and disseminate concise summaries of training, webinar, and certificate course evaluation results.
- Develop annual evaluation report and present findings.
- Draft high-quality, accurate semi-annual reports in cooperation with Director.
- Provide input into monthly activity updates for ORR.
- Develop/provide input into updates for other stakeholders as requested by the Director.
- Liaise with ORR, as instructed by the Director.
- Design and implement needs assessments, in cooperation with key project staff and SMEs.
- Identify and report on trends related to emerging capacity building needs.
M&E Capacity Building Support
- Contribute to efforts to build the capacity of refugee service providers to measure the quality and effectiveness of their programs, engage in data-informed decision making, and communicate results:
o Support the colleagues in the development of an M&E capacity development workplan.
o In accordance with the workplan, collaborate to provide TA and training in areas of expertise including but not limited to data management and visualization.
o Support development of M&E resources, including data communication toolkits for State Refugee Coordinators and other refugee service providers, in accordance with workplan and in collaboration with colleagues.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director, RTAP
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Position requires close collaboration with a variety of colleagues, including but not limited to: USP Resource Acquisition Team, IRC field offices, the USP Program Quality and Innovation Unit, the Awards Management Unit, Finance, Legal and HR, other refugee service providers and state refugee programs, external subject matter experts.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of monitoring and evaluation work, with provision of technical assistance and/or multi-sectoral refugee assistance programs preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in inter-departmental or inter-agency coordination
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong commitment to data-driven programming
- Experience developing logframes
- Experience developing and implementing M&E systems and analyzing project data
- Experience developing surveys and other data collection tools
- Experience conducting outcome and process evaluations
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in data visualization/communication
- Experience communicating data to a range of stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and level of staff and organizations
- Proven ability to work flexibly and to solve problems with appropriate input from relevant stakeholders
- Positive, forward looking and able to work well in a team oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing webinar platforms such as Webex and learning portals
o Experience with mobile data collection
o Experience developing M&E training and guidance
o Experience developing and conducting capacity assessments
Language Skills: Fluent in written and spoken English
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Minimum Education Required