Details: Salary is up to $36,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
120 Wall Street
Established in 1989, the Asian American Federation (AAF) is a pan-Asian nonprofit leadership organization that represents and supports a network of nearly 70 Asian American community service organizations in New York City, which work in the fields of health & human services, education, economic development, civic participation, and social justice. AAF’s mission is to raise the influence and well-being of the pan-Asian American community through research, policy advocacy, public awareness, and organizational development.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Part-time Accountant will work three times a week and be responsible for managing all aspects of the organization’s financial operations. S/he will oversee the full cycle of bookkeeping, payroll, and grant reporting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense allocations, and the monthly close.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing Paychex payroll and insurance benefits for staff of eight
- Performing general QuickBooks office bookkeeping and check-writing functions
- Providing regular budget and cash flow reports for executive staff
- Executing reconciliations for general ledger account, bank statements, and credit card accounts
- Completing month-close process
- Completing end-of-year 1099 process
- Maintaining financial records
- Assisting with audit preparation
- Preparing financial documents for government contracts and private grants
- Tracking grant distributions to subcontractors in collaboration with program staff
- Liaising with consultants and contracted services as they relate to finance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, or equivalent experience, with strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Minimum five years’ experience in nonprofit finance with organizations having multiple funding streams
- Expertise in QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize accordingly
- Superior relationship management skills, with the ability to interface collaboratively with a variety of personalities
- Commitment to Asian American communities and AAF’s mission a plus
Comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume with [Last Name] PT Accountant in the subject line to HR@aafederation.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will begin immediately. No phone calls, please.
The Asian American Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.