The Dutchess County Art Association (known as Barrett Art Center) seeks an Outreach & Programs Coordinator for our rapidly evolving art organization and historic landmark in the heart of the Hudson Valley in Poughkeepsie, New York. Candidate should be self-motivated, organized, and have the ability to work effectively with colleagues, patrons, volunteers, and youth in a highly collaborative, creative environment.
About Barrett Art Center (BAC)
BAC sustains the Mid-Hudson’s diverse contemporary art community through high-caliber art exhibitions that are free and open to the public and maintains a strong presence in the community, bringing together thousands of participants each year through collaborative programs to reach diverse audiences. Our organization is invested in history: building preservation, collections stewardship, and interpretation are likewise integral to our mission.
Position Title: Outreach & Programs Coordinator
Position: Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), Outreach & Programs Coordinator (OPC) will:
· Co-lead Barrett Kids After School Art & Homework Club two afternoons/week, work with Barrett Kids Coordinator and Barrett Artist in Resident;
· Recruit, coordinate, and manage community volunteers;
· Lead exhibition tours and creative arts programs for all ages & abilities;
· Foster relationships with regional cultural organizations and businesses;
· Ensure ongoing excellence in consistent communications with constituents, including press releases, eNewsletters, social media, and website content; and
· Perform peripheral administrative duties as needed in office (shared between all staff & volunteers): answering phones, work with vendors, opening/closing art center, and assist ED in performance of duties as required
This is a 22-hour/week, grant-funded position lasting one academic year –10 months - with opportunity for continuation. Due to the nature of the work and the necessity to meet external deadlines, schedule will vary and include weekend and occasional evening hours.
The successful applicant will possess:
· Min. 4-year post-secondary degree in relevant field of study and/or 4 years relevant job experience;
· Excellent leadership, coaching, planning, and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously;
· Ability & passion for leading creative arts programs, especially with children of diverse populations and visitors of all ages with a range of learning abilities;
· Experience in collaboration and community relationship building; ability to forge and maintain effective working relationships within and without the organization
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as public speaking acumen;
· Understanding of and passion for the Barrett Art Center mission and values, and a dedication to achieving the organization’s long-term plans;
· Knowledge of museum education and interpretation concepts and best practices a plus; and
· Familiarity with MS Office & InDesign.
The Dutchess County Art Association (known as Barrett Art Center) seeks an Outreach & Programs Coordinator for our rapidly evolving art organization and historic landmark in the heart of the Hudson Valley in Poughkeepsie, New York…
Benefits: OPC holidays include observed holidays that fall Wed.-Sat. and four paid personal days (8 hours each) during term. BAC will reimburse OPC for all reasonable travel and other expenses incurred in the performance of duties, as approved by the ED.
Benefits: OPC holidays include observed holidays that fall Wed.-Sat. and four paid personal days (8 hours each) during term. BAC will reimburse OPC for all reasonable travel and other…
Spanish language a plus, but not necessary.
Spanish language a plus, but not necessary.
Application materials must include: 1) a letter of interest stating how the candidate’s experience is applicable to the key priorities, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position; 2) a curriculum vitae; and 3) names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references, including the candidate’s professional relationship with each individual. References will not be contacted without the candidate’s prior consent.
Application materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2019 to ensure full consideration.
Application materials must include: 1) a letter of interest stating how the candidate’s experience is applicable to the key priorities, responsibilities, and qualifications of…