889 Harrison Avenue
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
Rosie’s Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place accepts no government funds, and relies instead on committed volunteers and private supporters to accomplish its effective and innovative work.
The Human Resource Manager assists the VP of Finance and Administration with developing and implementing best practices for human resources. You will use your extensive human resource background to provide strategic guidance in areas of staff relations, benefits, recruitment, policy development and legal compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Rosies Place seeks a full-time Human Resources Manager to manage and administer all aspects of human resources for its employees. The Human Resources Manager will report to the VP of Finance and Administration and be responsible for the following duties:
· Work with VP of Finance and Administration in managing all aspects of employee benefits including identifying and securing all benefit programs and brokers, benefit administration, and employee enrollment.
· Administers annual open enrollment process for medical, dental and vision insurance and healthcare/dependent care flexible spending accounts.
· Serve as the point of contact for all HR related matters including employee relations, benefits and required annual trainings.
· Review, audit and verify monthly benefit invoices
· Facilitate on-boarding of all new employees (permanent and temporary employee) including processing all employment paperwork and coordinate bi-annual new staff orientation days.
· Manage recruitment of prospective employees and termination of employees, when needed.
· Approve and post job postings. Work with hiring managers to review and respond to job applicants, as requested. Participate in telephone and/or in-person interviews of job applicants, as requested.
· Complete all required employee-related reports for external parties. Maintain employee personnel files.
· Provide general operations support as assigned by the VP of Finance and Administration
· Work with VP of Finance and Administration to conduct employee exit interviews, including completion of exit checklist;
Rosies Place is seeking a Human Resources Manager with the following education and experience:
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required; a concentration in Human Resources or other related field of study is preferred.
· A minimum of two years of experience in operations, business, administration, human resources or education.
· Strong, demonstrated commitment to women and poor people.
· Strong administrative skills with excellent organization and attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
· Strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with co-workers, guests, key stakeholders, and members of the community.
· Comfort using Microsoft Office and spreadsheets
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Job is performed in an office environment. Day-to-day work includes paper and computer work as well as interaction with staff and volunteers. The position may require travel between facilities or community locations
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance & Administration
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “HR Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.