Fugees Family, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization devoted to working with child survivors of war. The organization empowers refugees to integrate successfully into their new country by providing them the support and structure they need to realize their vast potential.
The Fugees Academy has a unique goal, to educate refugee children in an environment that understands their unique challenges. These children are left behind in a traditional public school system. They come to the United States after being forced to flee their home countries. Most have lived through traumatic experiences and have spent time in refugee camps, where education is neither a priority nor an option.
Our school strives to give its students the support, guidance, and direct instruction necessary to put refugee students on a path to better adjustment, high school graduation, and further successes. Our programming has demonstrated that in a highly structured environment where rules and expectations are clear, and creativity and individuality are nurtured, refugee children don’t just catch up – they become stellar performers who can meet rigorous academic standards.
The organization has a school located in Clarkston, Georgia operating as a private school, and a new school that opened in the fall of 2018 located in Columbus, Ohio, operating as a private school eligible to receive school vouchers. In the next few years, it is the intention of the organization to continue to grow and open Fugees schools across the nation to serve the needs of the refugee population.
The Accounting Supervisor serves in a supporting role to the Fugees Network to manage the full day to day operations of the schools’ and network accounting. Initially, the position is part-time and will grow to a full-time position in the next year, depending on the organization’s needs. In addition, the position is a virtual position, with occasional travel 2-3 times a year to the Fugees Academy campuses in Columbus, OH and Clarkston, GA.
· Process full cash receipts and cash disbursement cycles maintaining the organization’s accounting system
· Maintain procurement process ensuring that schools and the network are properly stocked and negotiate contracts with vendors
· Establish network-wide accounting procedures, continuously work to improve and implement the appropriate financial policies and procedures necessary to ensure an effective and efficient system, while maintaining an appropriate level of internal controls
· Work with the CEO, COO, Board and outside consultants to update the annual budget for the Fugees schools and network; providing insight into the effects of changes in enrollment and staffing mix
· Continue to build on the multi-year financial model currently used by Fugees Family updating it with up to date assumptions on network and school growth
· Assist in managing the audit process; working directly with the external auditors to provide them timely and complete financial information as requested
· On a monthly basis, produce the organization’s financial statements, looking at budgetary trends: reconciling all balance sheet accounts; and tracking budget to actuals
· Create financial reports for grant applications and reports as needed
· File all reports necessary to ensure that the schools stay in compliance with its authorizers and that state funding is not interrupted
· Complete All Other Duties as Assigned and Necessary
Fugees Family’s Accounting Supervisor will have the following:
· Candidate whose life and values reflect and support dimension of the School’s mission
· Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds of the student body
· Excellent organizational skills (multi-task, set priorities, accomplish tasks in a timely manner)
· Ability to contribute constructively and work effectively as a member of a team
· CPA or CPA equivalent experience
· Experience in the education industry preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
Salary Range: $30,000 - $35,000
Interested candidates should review our website www.fugeesfamily.org to ensure his or her professional goals and educational philosophy align with the Fugees Family. Please send your resume and a cover letter to the Chief Operating Officer, Nikki Hawkins Wiggins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to indicate which position you are applying for. Email is the preferred mode of communication – no phone calls, please.
The Fugees Family is an equal opportunity employer. Fugees Family is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from those with a refugee/immigrant background, women, and minorities.
Fugees Family is an equal opportunity employer
It is the policy of Fugees Family to afford equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum Education Required